Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi. I am just starting out and I would like to buy a cheap graphics tablet. I am not a professional or anything, but just a hobbiest! I will mostly use Xara, and not bitmap programs, if this makes a difference. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi. I am just starting out and I would like to buy a cheap graphics tablet. I am not a professional or anything, but just a hobbiest! I will mostly use Xara, and not bitmap programs, if this makes a difference. Does anyone have any recommendations?

...works well and is excellent value for money. The relatively small size is only a drawback if you're a power user.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

I'll go with Sean on this. I've had a Graphire Tablet for quite a while now having been originally convinced that I had no use for a tablet. That is until I bought a REALLY cheap and nasty one and found it to have perhaps more use than I thought. I've now had a Graphire Tablet for some 18 months and wouldn't want to go back to a mouse full time. I would not suggest anything else, at least not for the hobbyist anyway. They're cheap and excellent value for money.

Tracey

using the pen puts less strain on your muscles than using the mouse.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.