Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Box of marbles

Default Box of marbles

I did a similar graphic ages ago using a mixture of CorelDraw and PhotoPaint. Thought I'd give it a go in Xtreme. Corel image here.

Default Re: Box of marbles

Nice looking Marbles Mart. They look a lot better than the ones done with Corel draw.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Mart - LOVE them marbles!!!!!

Love your site :-)

Apart from your excellent drawings, your picture repair and restoration stuff is an excellent reference point.

I was also very interested to read about how disability affected things in your life. I have been disabled since birth and was wheelchair bound until I was 18 when I gained my freedom for over 30 years. Last year I had a major fracture of my leg and my mobility is now less than it was in my wheelchair days. I will regain my freedom I know, but it will be a very slow and lengthy process. In the meantime, most of my day is spent in front of this box of mine as I marvel at the skills of people in here and other forums. I would be lost, devasted without this link to the world.

Dave
    Last edited by toffeeman; 23 March 2006 at 07:45 PM.

You sure ain't lost your marbles Mart. Verrrrrrrrrrrry nice like the box as well.
    Norman.

Thanks everyone. There's always something more I wish I'd done. This time, I wish I'd twisted the marbles round a bit. Notice how the patterns all face the same way? Ah well, maybe I'll have another go later.

toffeeman (Dave) - I hope you get better sooner than expected. I don't suppose I'd have got a computer if my wife hadn't become a wheelchair user. It turned out to be a great filler of hours for when I had to be around to be her carer. Started off using the Corel Suite (version 4). I'll never be able to turn out graphics like I've seen here. I don't really have an artistic flair. I still find using vector and bitmap applications a really absorbing pastime though. There were all sorts of other things that should have been done instead of drawing that box of marbles!

Mart, there is always something to be done. I bet you had more fun drawing the marbles though

Nice work.

I lost my marbles ages ago but it's actually beneficial to my current job
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Beautiful job... and the stuff on your site is superb!!!
    -=Bob=-

Mart - thanks for the good wishes!!
    June 11th last year I smashed my leg up and have only recently been allowed to start walking on it again... getting there though

I love computers as you do. I'm probably 'technically' very good but I think I must be as blind as a bat because I can't draw!!! I enjoy what I do though!!! One day, I will post something here I promise!!!

Cheers,
    Dave

Hello Soquili (Bill) - As you can see from the drawing, I'm in the process of losing my marbles. Hey! Could this be a reflection of what I deep down think is happening to me?
    Last edited by Mart; 24 March 2006 at 07:13 AM.