Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

If you are concerned about your privacy on the net, here is my special of the week for w2k pro users - ok, maybe it's a bit off topic, but several members complained in the virus thread that they wonder why they receive spam:

Windows 2000 Pro
    regwizc.dll transfers data to Microsoft and other servers
    regwizc.dll is located in the directory/folder \WINNT\system32.
    Not only Microsoft but other web sites and web servers do have access to your personal data and settings because of a bug in regwizc.dll. These data include your name, address, phone etc, e-mail address (!), company, serial number - all data you have submitted during install.
    However, I've got a solution for you: simply de-active regwizc.dll ! !
    Go to Start -> run and type following command:
    regsvr32.exe -u c:\winnnt\system32\regwizc.dell
    and hit ENTER.
    This command deletes the pointer to this DLL in the registry, and nobody else will be able to read your data anymore.
    To reactivate this DLL, substitute the -u with -c in the command line - and your barn door to the web will be wide open again.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

If you are concerned about your privacy on the net, here is my special of the week for w2k pro users - ok, maybe it's a bit off topic, but several members complained in the virus thread that they wonder why they receive spam:

Windows 2000 Pro
    regwizc.dll transfers data to Microsoft and other servers
    regwizc.dll is located in the directory/folder \WINNT\system32.
    Not only Microsoft but other web sites and web servers do have access to your personal data and settings because of a bug in regwizc.dll. These data include your name, address, phone etc, e-mail address (!), company, serial number - all data you have submitted during install.
    However, I've got a solution for you: simply de-active regwizc.dll ! !
    Go to Start -> run and type following command:
    regsvr32.exe -u c:\winnnt\system32\regwizc.dell
    and hit ENTER.
    This command deletes the pointer to this DLL in the registry, and nobody else will be able to read your data anymore.
    To reactivate this DLL, substitute the -u with -c in the command line - and your barn door to the web will be wide open again.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--