Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: xara.com getting even further from the Xara DEsigner products?

@Steve, don't hold your breath over this.

Xara should implement end of cycle subsription model;
    One should get the updates and patches during the subsription time and when it ends that version is leading for re-intalling to either new pc or after a crash
    Seems very doable to have only the latest update/patch number available within myMagix/myXara before it expires.
    They can send me a notification about the expiration date, so why can't xara link these two together.
    Last edited by haakoo; 31 May 2018 at 01:11 PM.
    IP

You would think so Hans... but I would bet the fact that it is administered by Magix complicates things
    IP

That's why I said don't hold your breath
    IP

Default Re: xara.com getting even further from the Xara DEsigner products? - Mobrise

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    David,

I have downloaded and played with Mobirise a couple of times. I am looking for a simple solution to build a website around the eCommerce solution we offer, ecwid. ecwid is designed to embed in an existing website. Works fine with Xara if you only have a desktop variant, they do not play nicely together with multiple variants. So I need a fairly simple responsive website builder. Unfortunately, you have to pay for the embed HTML code option so I can't test Mobirise and ecwid together. When I say unfortunately you have to pay, I don't have an issue with paying for tools I use. I just would like to be able to test it before I plop down money and it doesn't work.

While Mobirise is "free" their model is to provide a very limited product that is increased in value by additional purchases of templates, add-ons, etc. Also the pricing for the "bundle", I believe. is an annual subscription not a one time fee.
    Stay away from Mobirise. The true function comes in them gutting your wallet of it's cash. I have been there so I know.

I am now running our website on WordPress, using the Elementor builder. It is easy and AMAZING. We too use Ecwid as our ecommerce platform and Elementor, WordPress and the Astra theme all work seamlessly together. Seriously, look into it.
    IP

Default Re: xara.com getting even further from the Xara DEsigner products? - Mobrise

The way that bug fixes are dealt with is one of the things that has been tweaked along the way. If your copy expired today, then presumably you purchased 12.6.0 this time last year. If you download 12.6.0 onto a new machine after expiry, it will actually update to 12.6.1, which includes bug fixes. It was different with earlier versions, and I can't say for sure how it will work by the time a 15.1 purchased today expires!

Kate Moir
    IP

Question Re: xara.com getting even further from the Xara DEsigner products? - Mobrise

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    The way that bug fixes are dealt with is one of the things that has been tweaked along the way. If your copy expired today, then presumably you purchased 12.6.0 this time last year. If you download 12.6.0 onto a new machine after expiry, it will actually update to 12.6.1, which includes bug fixes. It was different with earlier versions, and I can't say for sure how it will work by the time a 15.1 purchased today expires!
    Kate Moir
    Kate, how apposite. I chose to update my XDPX subscription today as Magix claim that the special Update offer of £89 runs out today and that the normal Update price is £199: "£89.00 Regularly £199.00".
    This is highly disingenuous as this is the New Purchase price. What is the Upgrade price going to be tomorrow?

Acorn

P.S. Bad example for v12.6.0/12.6.1 as neither show in the available installer downloads. For you not to know what application version may have which bug fixes shows how much of a kerfuffle there is.
    Are you now saying that had I not updated my subscription today and was out of cover in two days time, I would be presented to download and use (A) v15.1, (B) v15.0 or (C) v12.6.1? I could do this for XWDP that is at v15.0 as I purposely let my subscription lapse. If it reverts to v12.6.1, why did v12.6.1 purchasers never see an automatic update to v15.1 as you have stated earlier v15 is an update and not a new version?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

@kate ok i'll give that a go on the laptop thanks
    IP

Actually I notice there was another bug fix update to 12.6.0, namely 12.6.2. So hypothetically Acorn, if you had let your Pro expire, it would be 12.6.2
    IP

If you download 12.6.0 onto a new machine after expiry, it will actually update to 12.6.1, which includes bug fixes.
    Kate Moir
    ok Kate - where do I download version 12.6? - on your site download page there is only version XDP 12.4.1

I tried this last week and it bumped me straight to version 12.8 which was past my subscription end and therefore was locked

Are you saying this has been tweaked in the last few days and the version 12.4.1 that is available for download will now know to only update me to version 12.6.2

also, can you confirm that your tweak will work, both on new computers, and on the same computer hardware that has had the OS clean re-installed?

thanks
    IP

Actually I notice there was another bug fix update to 12.6.0, namely 12.6.2. So hypothetically Acorn, if you had let your Pro expire, it would be 12.6.2
    Thanks Kate, i will therefore keep my v15.0 on life support as long as I can as unwinding my designs back to option (C) + 1 may prove tedious. It was XWDP that has a lapsed subscription.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP