Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Rob - You da man!

In the future when Xara/Magic decide to change a long existing feature it might be a good idea to run it by the users here. No?

Thank you, Rob for bringing the matter to XARA for us, in the first place. Although I (personally) did not offer an example, believing that the version 12’s simplicity and the version 15’s added steps comparison didn’t even require “examples”, I now know that XARA needed them to make sense of our annoyance, frustration... (outrage?). Any anger or “heated” expression by any poster, was (if I could speak for them), in direct relation to our love of XARA software. We are loyal to XARA, and want to feel it is shared by XARA. In this case, it feels that way from the quick response from XARA. Again, “thanks, Rob” - and “thanks” to the very capable experts who did offer the requested examples. I can sleep now – Jagga.

Yes, thanks Rob, glad somebody there understood. Let's hope something good comes from the experience.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fanx.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	119819
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Thanks I read the original post on here and the workarounds do NOT work, if we try to use the fill tool it will not adapt to the image/vector, it is simply a backwards programming move on a very long lasting product and it opposes everything that it has been for a very long time now. I hope this is resolved soon because I really need this software to work at my job which I use full time. I am glad that this is finally being addressed, because it's too late to switch back to the earlier version....Thanks that this is finally going to be fixed!
    Last edited by rpc9943; 10 January 2018 at 02:02 PM.
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    Thanks I read the original post on here and the workarounds do NOT work, if we try to use the fill tool it will not adapt to the image/vector, it is simply a backwards programming move on a very long lasting product and it opposes everything that it has been for a very long time now. I hope this is resolved soon because I really need this software to work at my job which I use full time. I am glad that this is finally being addressed, because it's too late to switch back to the earlier version....Thanks that this is finally going to be fixed!
    V12 is still available if you have deleted it,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    V12 is still available if you have deleted it,
    Acorn
    I never owned 12, my last was 7. I had gotten the v15 on a bundle deal and was surprised with the fundamental changes and by that point it was too late because v7 can't load v15 projects and I had already saved hundreds of them...

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

maybe if you contacted them xara would let you step down from v15 to v12 - but you would need to check your files open ok first, you can download a trial of ver12 from their site for that

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    I never owned 12, my last was 7. I had gotten the v15 on a bundle deal and was surprised with the fundamental changes and by that point it was too late because v7 can't load v15 projects and I had already saved hundreds of them...
    RonC
    Ron, V15 was an "upgrade" to V12 so the same licence is used to upgrade . To downgrade, the same licence should be usable:

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

never actually tried that ....

[good job perhaps it dosn't work the other way round ]

Add my name to the list of upset people.

I just upgraded from 10 to 15 because of 64 bit. I not going to upload an example. I have a picture in which the aspect ratio of a face is wrong. Stretched too much in height. I don't know why except this is what I have to work with. I simply want to drag the middle top handle down vertically until my eyes tell me this is what a human face should look like. Really very simple. Luckily I still have 10 installed.

The resize now, with aspect ratio unchecked, is similar to clipping. There already was and still is a clipping function.