Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:

They may be slow but we love them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://www.petestack.com/flypaper/YaBBImages/kiss.gif<br clear="all">

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

Isn't that way of resizing for export a hassle?

I always use the Bitmap Size option in the export dialog box, because I can quickly create several different sizes of exported images without ever changing my drawing. And I can view each of these sizes in my browser after each resize, without ever leaving the dialog box, to see which looks the best. Very quick!

In the export dialog box:

Just set the new size (constrained or not), click on the Pallete Options tab, and Xara will reset the parameters, then click on the Browser Preview tab, then on the Browser Preview button. You can do this all day changing sizes and previewing the results until it looks right. And you never have to leave the export dialog box, until you are happy with the size.

If you already know the size you want, never mind! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I suppose it's horses for courses. What ever works for you really. The only reason I use my method for are:
    1: By adjusting the size in the Xara window I can see the whole drawing, rather than the limited export dialogue window.
    2: As most of my images are for web use, I prefer to have the Xara image the same size as the final output image, This way if I have to ammend it several weeks or months later, I don't have to refer back to the web page to get the original image dimensions.
    But it's a matter of what ever works for the individual user.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Your reasons make a lot of sense, and give me a new perspective on designing web pages with Xara.

Thanks!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll