Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Menu Bars

Designer 11 Premium
    I recently notice when designing a new website the menu rollover doesn't highlight.

Designer Pro X
    My update service period has ended.
    I feel like a hostage when I open up Designer Pro X

Gar

Default Re: Navigation Menu Bars

If you isolate the MouseOver and MouseOver layers in the Page & Layer Gallery (the S icon) are the images different?

Got a link to your site?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Gary,

Are you also previewing the page that the link goes to? Xara shows the MouseOver version of a button for the page you are currently on, so in a Navigation bar it's better highlighted where you are which makes it look like the rollovers aren't working but in fact are.

If you cut down your file to just the menu and post it here we could better see what is happening :)

Cheers
    Rob

Rob, I was wondering: In general, isn't it better to avoid the use of button MouseOver states as desktop-size websites can also be viewed on hi-res touchscreen devices?

It doesn't really make a difference, touchscreens wouldn't see the MouseOver version but it wouldn't stop the button to working (unless they are on the page the button goes to, but that affects all devices).

You could however use just one MouseOff layer and the web animations on hover or click also.

I asked because on my iphone (I admit, an older model) the MouseOver action interferes with the button function, having to (at least) tap twice.