Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High all, I am just starting to get into Xara X and well...I love it. But am wondering if I should spring for a copy of X1? I understand there are some issues with it. How bout features? are there many more? Maybe these are dumb questions, but like I said I am just getting into xara. Whats your advice all?

High all, I am just starting to get into Xara X and well...I love it. But am wondering if I should spring for a copy of X1? I understand there are some issues with it. How bout features? are there many more? Maybe these are dumb questions, but like I said I am just getting into xara. Whats your advice all?

Quinn

Go for it... No, it does not add lots of new features but it will be a jumping off point for new things. And we need to encourage/fund Xara!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hello Quinn,

My two cents worth... Buy It! It is worth the upgrade price and more.
    John/DOT

IMHO, I think that that Xara X1 is greatly improved in many areas. Bug fixes like the Brush Engine and more of the Access Violations fixed as well as a few new addin's like XPE (Xara Picture Editor) which will replace the current Bitmap Effects and Plug-ins and a few other extras.

I understand the process now, better than I did before, in being a beta tester and yes there were some new bugs introduced but Charles and Co. have worked their tails off getting those fixed and tested before sending the final to be pressed and mailed out.

In all honesty if I compared both XaraX and Xara X1 I would choose Xara X1 any day of the week!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Go for it!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

You can't go wrong with this newer version, just slicker all the way around. Go for X1, IMHO http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks all for the good advice. I will be ordering the upgrade to X1. As I do that,just one other question...is there many more export format options?

I think there is acutally one less. One of the older outputs to precambrian xara was dropped. Good news though... CMYK Black is black not all colors! That in itself is the price of the upgrade.
    John/DOT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think there is acutally one less. One of the older outputs to precambrian xara was dropped. Good news though... CMYK Black is black not all colors! That in itself is the price of the upgrade. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure of that?

The reason for CMYK black is to have the same object print on each piece of CMYK film. Crop marks, for example, are CMYK black or registration black and print on each piece of film. Black on the other hand only prints on the black plate and is not very helpful for crop marks.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I was taking AI/PSD outputs. CMYK black should be 0/0/0/255 not 255/255/255/255. That problem is now fixed! see attached zip file for examples.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John/DOT