Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designs Gallery missing responsive variants & themes

I started watching a Xara tutorial video about Creating a Mobile Variant, and the first thing it recommends is to start with template that includes a mobile variant, signified by (R). However, when I look in my designs gallery, not only do I NOT find any themes with (R), but I see a lot of themes shown in the tutorial are not available in my list of templates. Can someone please explain what is going on? Why am I missing so many templates, especially since I supposedly backed them up not long after I installed the program? (as smartly advised by this group) Most importantly, how can I get them back?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-designs-gallery-missing.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	119245

Default Re: Designs Gallery missing responsive variants & themes

You might need to click + More Online.

I don't have the "more online" option as the 365 subscription has expired. I assumed the backup I made beforehand would suffice. I do have an option for "Add designs from disc" but I cannot locate them on the CD.

then this content must be part of the 365 package.

Well if that's the case I am pretty disappointed with this new 365 version of XWDP. They marketed it as not being a cloud-based software and that I would have perpetual use of the product version I purchased, along with any updates during the 365 day registration period, as long as I didn't reinstall it (which I haven't). Plus, I assumed that when I backed up the designs gallery it included everything, not just a limited assortment and NO variant templates. And what about the supposed "back-up" CD I purchased? Shouldn't that include everything in the designs gallery? Any opinions on this, or am I missing something? Anyone from Xara want to address this?

P.S. I don't mean to sound snippy with you, Gary. You are being helpful as usual. I'm just frustrated is all.

I'd really like to assist you Capn as from what I remember the latest version all websites are now responsive so the (R) suffix was discontinued.

However on trying to see if this was correct, on looking at my local design gallery all the sites templates I'd previously downloaded have all suddenly disappeared and I'll need to download them anew again.

Very unimpressed with this cloud nonsense!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I'd really like to assist you Capn as from what I remember the latest version all websites are now responsive so the (R) suffix was discontinued.
    However on trying to see if this was correct, on looking at my local design gallery all the sites templates I'd previously downloaded have all suddenly disappeared and I'll need to download them anew again.
    Egg, don't you recall a recent Kate email, where the Xara Slideshow Widget was pulled. She went on to suggest it would be back early this month. (not yet though).

Perhaps the same is happening with the design templates and when Xara "refreshes" them with new-for-old, the old ones disappear from your downloaded stock and in TheCapn's case, never to be seen again as he no longer has on-line access.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

Egg, I did some checking it seems they did in fact remove the (R) from responsive templates. However, not all templates are responsive, (at least, not the ones I have) so you have no way of knowing until you open them, which is not only inconvenient, it just plain doesn't make any sense. Maybe they made them all responsive after I backed up mine, but I only have a few with no designation.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Egg, don't you recall a recent Kate email, where the Xara Slideshow Widget was pulled. She went on to suggest it would be back early this month. (not yet though).

Perhaps the same is happening with the design templates and when Xara "refreshes" them with new-for-old, the old ones disappear from your downloaded stock and in TheCapn's case, never to be seen again as he no longer has on-line access.

Acorn
    Acorn, That may very well be the case. If they want to add new components and features, great, but don't remove previous ones. I for one am not too keen on Xara deciding which features and components I should have.