Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mould in Xara

Default Re: Mould in Xara

Tony - The reason I moved this thread to Dear Xara is Dear Xara is primarily where members can report bugs and request new features. It is the place the developers look to see what features are being requested. I would love to see a real bitmap mould tool function.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    using bitmap tracer
    Tony what settings did you use?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I can see where this could be adapted to bitmap envelopes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush 1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	119254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	119255  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush 3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	119256  

Maximum accuracy, minimum smoothing. Then play around with the other settings to obtain maximum realism. Not suitable for all images.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Tony - The reason I moved this thread to Dear Xara is Dear Xara is primarily where members can report bugs and request new features. It is the place the developers look to see what features are being requested. I would love to see a real bitmap mould tool function.
    Self-evidently. In not waiting until all discussion on current possibilities have been exhausted you appear to be putting your own wants in front of your duties of a moderator.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Self-evidently. In not waiting until all discussion on current possibilities have been exhausted you appear to be putting your own wants in front of your duties of a moderator.
    "... putting your own wants in front of your duties as a moderator?" C'mon Tony, you're talking to a guy who is a volunteer and has more that 33.5 thousand (mostly kind and knowledgeable) posts under his belt trying to assist and inspire all of us! In my view he is one of the main reasons why these forums are generally a friendly and constructive place.

I consider moving this thread to the 'Dear Xara..." forum appropriate because the mould functionality is really up for an overhaul and, as one of the devs let us know, it's technically feasible.

Anyway, the discussion can continue in this thread, nothing lost. I appreciate you sharing your workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I can see where this could be adapted to bitmap envelopes.
    Yeah, If control over the the pressure profiles were possible it would make a great quick workaround.
    I know it's not directly on topic but it's related in that matter. (and within my top 3 missing features!)

Marc