Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CMYK colors in exported PDF don't match CMYK colors in Xara Designer Pro X file

The CMYK colors in an exported PDF file do not match the CMYK colors in the Xara file. I did not have this problem previously, but recently exported PDF colors don't match my Xara file?? What am I doing wrong??

Default Re: CMYK colors in exported PDF don't match CMYK colors in Xara Designer Pro X file

How are you figuring out the cmyk in the pdf?

Default Re: CMYK colors in exported PDF don't match CMYK colors in Xara Designer Pro X file

Sorry, I figured my problem, I had the units setup incorrectly to see the color CMYK percentages. I used the densitometer in Adobe Acrobat to see the CMYK values. Thanks for your question.

Well another thing. The colors displayed in Xara are RGB colors which are more intense and saturated vs CMYK colors.

When you export to PDF, Xara converts the colors to CMYK.

You can change the display in Xara to "simulate" printed colors. Window > Show Printer Colors. This does an OK job displaying the colors more in line with CMYK.

I agree Gary but I prefer to see it in acrobat, well the final version that is.