Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The Xara plug-in interface has a bug / omission that causes the preview of certain plug-ins to use only the top left hand corner of the bitmap. If the bitmap is bigger than about 330 x 250 pixels, the preview is effectively useless. It would be about 100 times simpler (no exaggeration!) for Xara Ltd to add the required code than for me to do it, but I don't think it's high on their priority list.

Anyway, I've now done it and I'm attaching a version of a recent plug-in that uses the new preview for everyone to try. If no problems are reported I'll update all my other plug-ins.

Regards - Sean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards - Sean

The Xara plug-in interface has a bug / omission that causes the preview of certain plug-ins to use only the top left hand corner of the bitmap. If the bitmap is bigger than about 330 x 250 pixels, the preview is effectively useless. It would be about 100 times simpler (no exaggeration!) for Xara Ltd to add the required code than for me to do it, but I don't think it's high on their priority list.

Anyway, I've now done it and I'm attaching a version of a recent plug-in that uses the new preview for everyone to try. If no problems are reported I'll update all my other plug-ins.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Sean

Works perfect on my machine.

I urge anyone else who works with plug-ins (or is it plugs-in) to test drive this as well.

Downoad this file, and extract the file sstinter.8bf to you Xara X plug-ins folder.

Create a bitmap larger than 330 x 250 and then apply the Tinter filter to the bitmap. The filter may be inside a series of filters called Sedsoft.

Great works again Sean.

Anyone interested can find more of Sean's very helpful filters in the XaraXone Shareware Page.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg

Sean, thanks! Tinter is now even more useful.