Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This is actually something I did a while ago with ZBrush and I wanted to post it here to get some opinions of it. Any critiques welcome! Thanks!

Dave

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
    Pablo Picasso

Please feel free to visit Dave's Renderosity Gallery

This is actually something I did a while ago with ZBrush and I wanted to post it here to get some opinions of it. Any critiques welcome! Thanks!

Dave

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
    Pablo Picasso

Please feel free to visit Dave's Renderosity Gallery

Thats cool

My only crit is your lighting,you seem to have key lights or main lights illuminating all angle as opposed to shining in one direction like say the sun would.Pick a direction for your sun and make it a light with shadow {soft}.With your other lights turn off their shadow casting all together.

For lights I use a light yellow omni of say 100 with a soft shadow for my key light or the one which approximates the sun.For my fill light I use dark a brown orange etc to fill the areas not touched by the key,but which you also want slightly illuminated as well.For a backlight use a dark bluish color to just lift the illumination slightly in the background.Make sure the sum of your other lights to not add up to more then key light,so say your key is 140 make sure the fill and back are 70 each or less,or 4 lights at 35 etc.You dont always have to stay with this rule of thumb but its a good guidline when you are learning to set up your lghting rigs.Also make your fill lower then your key{altitude wise} and at an opposite angle to your key.Put your key at a small angle of 15 to 45 from your camera,and your fill at say - 15 to -45 from your key.You can also use a very bright light behind your object to illuminate the outline and bring it in from the darkness,this one is called a rim light,and it does pretty much what it sounds like.

Happy rendering

Stu.

What a cutie... my family enjoyed viewing this... My oly two crits would be...

1) I think bringing in some browns in the green mossy areas would strike a better balance...

2) the tail diminishes what is otherwise a brilliant model and concept...

but hey... another wonderful example of how powerful ZBrush is in the right hands... right on... [thumbs up] please feel free to show us more

Hey dave, sweet little beast there !

kindly,
    ivan