Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down PROBLEMS SOFTWARE

I was so thrilled when I first bought the XARA PHOTO & GRAPHIC DESIGNER 11, last year. Due to problems with my computer being infected with viruses, I had to UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM. When I was finally good to go, I managed to re-install it, but now anything I create in XARA, I CAN NOT SAVE THEM AS PDF FILES. Why is that? Can anyone help me? The phone # they show, is worthless.

Default Re: PROBLEMS SOFTWARE

Export to PDF. Unless that is what you meant.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Connie Stern

I have moved your post to the Xara Graphics Chat forum.

Not sure why this would happen but the first thing we always recommend is close the program, then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This only need be done one time and it will either work or not.

If not then submit a support ticket at https://support.xara.com

Oh. In case you did mean export...This may be the sometimes problem with certain dlls not getting registered. If that's the case, exit the application if it is runn8ng, then start it as an administrator by setting the shortcut to do so, or right-click on the .exe and choose to run as administrator. Once started, you can exit and set it back. Then check if export to pdf lists the pdf type.

A lot of weird behavior seems to be caused by lack of administrative rights, or a wonky install due to a lack of said rights.

First thing to try is to find the Xara executable file (default would be C:\Program Files\Xara), right-click on it, and select "Run as Administrator".

If that doesn't sort it out, go back to the original install file, and try running that as Administrator (essentially reinstalling the program over itself, but this time with admin rights).

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Yes, this is what I meant. But last year when I installed the software, I would just click on Save As.....and there were my options, which were among others, (jpg).

Thanks, Ben. I'll try this and see.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cjselfie.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	118638

Well, I just tried to do what you suggested, NG, NO GOOD. Right clicked, and nothing happened. I went to settings and apps, for the XARA icon, right clicked and nothing happened there either. I had a heck of a time reinstalling the software the second time. Reason being. No matter how many times I tried to get some support from the MAGIX website, I kept explaining that I had a new email address. And since last year, this product was registered to a different address, it was not allowing me to REINSTALL. I finally got tired of not being able to install, that I finally entered the OLD EMAIL ADDRESS, and PRESTO, there it went. But I have a different server. Arrrrrrr!

I'm getting confused here Connie.

Right click over the launch icon (on your desktop or wherever) you get a menu as shown:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	run-as-administrator.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	118641  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Save
    or
    Save As
    only saves your xara document as a .web or .xar file depending on your software.

If you want to create a jpg or pdf you need to "Export As" as shown in the attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-as-pdf.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	118642  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host