Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing Text in Xara File

Good day everyone,

I have an issue I can't seem to solve. After a Windows 10 update, all of our Xara files are missing text. It isn't a missing font issue, the text just isn't in the file. Changing the view to wire frame shows no text.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Xara Designer Pro and have the same results.

And some files when I open them throw and error - Internal program error 697.w.fo.se

Has anyone experienced this and if so, how do I correct it?

We're going into a production cycle with tight deadlines and need to figure this out.

Thank you,
    Carl

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: Missing Text in Xara File

Hi Carl,

Likely not related, but Microsoft is working on fixing the Creative Update (and some other OS versions) due to font issues. But that issue, as far as I know, has to do with fonts installed as a shortcut versus actually installing them. At least I haven't gotten any feedback from MS about other font issues such as yours.

The OS isn't going to delete text, though. Can you share a file? If you cannot share either publically here on the forum nor privately via a PM, consider filing a bug report on xara.com and providing one such file.

Mike

Oh, and the file isn't actually missing the text. I can open the same file on another computer with everything as it should be, text and all. It's something to do on this one specific computer.

Thanks!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

I'm happy to share the file, but the text will be in it when opened. It seems to be this one computer.

Red

Here's a sample. It's an Ad. Top graphic is just bitmap. Below it is the actual Xara graphic.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Red

Ah. Thanks for the additional info and yep, a file probably doesn't make sense then.

I suppose you've done the cold reboot (actually shut down and restart)? The run as administrator thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Here's a sample. It's an Ad. Top graphic is just bitmap. Below it is the actual Xara graphic.
    Yep, text is there.

Try the couple things I mentioned if you haven't already.

Mike

Yes text is there but much of it has been converted to shape & is therefore no longer text.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks! I've done a lot of what you suggest. I'm removing all Xara installs off the computer. I wish uninstalled programs would clean up after themselves!!! I'm manually deleting left over folders and going through the registry removing Xara items. Would be nice if it did it on it's own. I'll let you know the results in case someone else has a similar issue at some point.

Red

Well, still have the issue. Thought I had it fixed, but it didn't stick.

I uninstalled all Xara products, deleted folders, cleaned up the Registry - Reboot computer - Reinstalled Xara Designer Pro - Ran the updates - Tested by opening the file - Excited, text was in the file!!!

However, I rebooted the computer and tested again once rebooted . . . . Text is missing again!!!

What the heck . . . something with the reboot caused the issue Again!!!

If anyone from Xara is in here, do you have any recommendations??

Thanks,
    Carl

Red