Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Dmagician, you said earlier: "decided to pick on the youngest member of this forum... Very brave. Do you want to finally get some sympathy from others here this way? This is quite sick"

Well, join the club of sick people 25 yr old college kiddo LOL

Ross Allen, you grow up boy. With 14 years of age I was chasing the girls instead of designing childish stuff like you do. Get a life!

(I guess I'm more to the point and don't need to draw a circle)
    IP

Problem is that you've showed a a total shortage of decent behaviour in your previous provocative posts. I really don't see any change in it. You're still the same (excuse moi) 'moron' since that unfortunate thread about Real Draw. You're the same uchanged Peter as the Ross2 stays unchanged in his useless topic starting, oversized unfinished image posting, lack of self-evaluation and absolutely no response to USEFUL ADVICES.

I've already written some things to Ross2, and never told him anything bad about his age and lack of skills. I really believe the age between 14-18 years was one of the best years I've ever lived. I think I was the very creative and imaginative at that age. Peter, I really think that giving someone wannabe-advices like: "With 14 years of age I was chasing the girls instead of designing childish stuff like you do. Get a life!" is very rude and definitely very unsensitive with 14 years old boy. But it seems to be a typical response one could expect from you.
    IP

Peter Pan ...

don't know about the others, but Roman has MY sympathy already.

He achieved it not through picking onto younger/older members (nor by charming them) but by posting useful stuff and by making good and helpful comments in the past.

And I am no doctor, but I don't think that he sounds sick ...

Wolfgang
    IP

Gary, Can you provide us with a tutorial on how you created that circle?!? Don't forget to include instructions for how you created the text as well. It sounds like a great XaraXone topic for November.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

Ok guys, I know that I'm a younger member of this forum, and that you probably won't take into consideration what I'm about to say, and I may even get reamed for it! But I'm going to say it anyway...

Will you all just go back and read what you've been saying, and think about why on earth you've been saying it, then think about the maturity in the reason you've been saying it!?! So he may be an annoyance sometimes and not listen to all that is said to him, but does that give us the right to act younger than he is? Seriously, this wasn't meant to offend anyone (Although I know these posts were) and I really do respect all of you, but please just quit posting to this, it really does make me think when I see 20-50yr. old guys making fun of a 14 yr. old kid!? Do you expect him to be as good as you Gary and everyone else?

Now does it take a 15yr. old guys posting to make you realize this? Have a heart [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-
    IP

When I go over these posts, I would really expect all of them to be authored by Peter Pan over there.
    BTW P.P., you must of never caught up with those girls you were chasing huh?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-
    IP

the wagon, did you Gary?

Delta [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I originally saw this tread as good-natured and a bit of fun. Now with Risto's "You suck..." posting I'm embarrassed that I ever posted here. There is no good reason IMHO for this to have degraded to being mean. (I do not see young Ross' calling Gary a Dork to be mean - I think in the context of this thread it is understandable and I appreciate the restraint young Ross has shown).

I think this thread was started to make a point. I've little doubt young Ross 'got it'. I would like to think those of us who have contributed to this thread just want young Ross to really take stock of the advice he has been repeatedly and explicitly given in previous threads. I sincerely hope my namesake continues to participate - albeit with some consideration of what others have tried so hard to tell him. Calling him names and such only serves to drive him away. Is that really what anyone wants? Sure his pattern of posting is unwanted but I don't think he is.

Like I said, I admire that young Ross has shown some restraint here. Perhaps the primary message to him has finally sunk in. Lets give him a chance to show us it has without driving him away. I'm also glad to see Peter P still around. I think many would agree that Peter's negativity seems to originate from some chip he carries on his shoulder - presumably that chip will fall off some day and we could see years of Peter sharing constructively with us. I hope so.

This forum has room for users of all skill levels including Newbies. Ross made himself a target by continually brushing off well-intended advice and demonstrating that he didn't internalize serious requests that he reduce the sizes of his posts etc. Perhaps now he will. I really hope so on that too.

To Ross: I hope out of all this you'll understand that there are some informal rules around here. They are the result of a culture that has developed through many thousands of postings by many hundreds of participants. Perhaps the number one rule relates to 'listening'. When we post and ask others to give their attention to our posting it is critical that we 'listen' to their replies. Always try to understand those replies. This forum is about communication.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

IP

...was perhaps not the most intelligent ever posted at this forum. Ross Allen has on the otherhand not shown to understand or listen to anything what has been said to him. I doubt that I sunk low enough for him...

Risto

diri@videotron.ca
    IP