Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara and me...

Default Xara and me...

When I say I've been using Xara for a long time, and I'm an invested user, I mean what I say...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artwork1.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	118354

Working for an Acorn company way back in time when the Artworks seed was planted in the fertile lands of my younger mind, it matured alongside me and has given me years of pleasure (and income) over the years. I was here when Xara was CORELXara! and remember when I first span up the CD in my Windows computer which I preferred over the Acorn counterpart...much to the annoyance of many an Acorn enthusiast...but we won't go there lol (again)

Name:	corelxara-11.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	118355

Xara was, and still is, my preferred graphics tool...I know her, and she seems to know me. I have a long lasting love affair with this software and its roots, so yes, you could say I am a confessed fanboy. Yes I've invested money, and been very, very happy to do so for the enjoyment it has brought, the projects it has allowed me to complete, the skills it has allowed me to grow, and the income it has allowed me to earn along the way...

Name:	software.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	118356

I don't profess to be the most experienced user on here, nor my opinion any more important than anyone else's, but I do think I am invested enough in terms of time, money and experience within the Xara ecosphere to be able to confidently say to someone who matters, drop 365 subscription model and should Magix be the influence...get un-influenced and quick.

I won't be upgrading/continuing my subscription, yet, I probably would have bought the next version with a longer feature list. You could argue the difference all day long, maybe it's a psychological perceived value type of thing...I don't know...but something has changed in my mind and it's not my doing, I'm afraid to say it's yours.

I'm not being awkward, nor is it a feeble threat...I WANT to give you my money, but not for this model and for the amount of features delivered within it.

I'll still remain loyal because I love the tool, but you will see less of my money...surely something is wrong if this is the case, and is actually achieving the polar opposite of what this business model was presumably ushered in to achieve...income.

I still love you though, lol xxx

Merl.

PS. I'm not old fashioned, Xara is not abandonware with a badge on it, and I apologise for quality of post at 1.20am!!!

Default Re: Xara and me...

Well said, I believe all of us feel that way about this software, I know I do. And most of us are not too keen on the 365 deal.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

A splendid post, Merlinski. What you have said is the whole truth and deserves to be taken very seriously by those who have the power (yet not the will) to make things better.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I wholeheartedly agree with Merlinski and have stopped upgrading my Xara at Xara Designer Pro X9.

Along with Artworks, I had the Impression Publisher software and the Archimedean newsletters in the good old days of Computer Concepts. I still rate the BBC microcomputer and Acorn Archimedes as still the best at the time.

I have started a new thread that I hope will provide positive and constructive feedback to the Xara/Magix marketing and sales force. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...o&goto=newpost Feel free to post your thoughts on what direction you see for the future of Xara products.

But please keep your suggestions and comments positive and constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have started a new thread that I hope will provide positive and constructive feedback to the Xara/Magix marketing and sales force. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...o&goto=newpost Feel free to post your thoughts on what direction you see for the future of Xara products.

But please keep your suggestions and comments positive and constructive.
    Just blurbed out some random thoughts over there.

I appreciate it.

Merl, feel quite same. As an observation: your start date, 24/7/2008 is exactly same date as me... virtually 19 years back. That's a lot of of upgrades and new. Wow, how time flies.