Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internal Program Error 11084.w.gr.gn

Hello Everyone

I am running the latest version of Xara Designer Pro X (365) and when I open certain files I get this message: Internal Program Error 11084.w.gr.gn

Any idea what this is?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Anthony

Default Re: Internal Program Error 11084.w.gr.gn

Hi Anthony, only Xara will know what these error messages means, so best send it to xara support for them to investigate. You say you are getting it with certain files, which is unusual. I can only think that maybe your using a template file that's become corrupted. ???
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Are you able to open and work with the files in spite of the error message?

And does this happen consistently or is it more random?

Is it a specific file or some files or all files?

Hey Guys...

It happens on certain files that were originated in a previous version of XP, but I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions based on that for several reasons.

I do open the file in spite of the error, and 80% of the time I can use it as normal, Except that when I move to another tab and come back, I get the error message again.

A couple of times it presented a different error message in a dialog box with options to send a report, quit, and maybe cancel. It wanted me to quit and when I canceled instead of quitting the error just kept popping up, so I timed it in such a way that I could just close the offending file rather than all of my tabs.

Unscientific guess of a possible cause is that XP is trying to reference a file that I have moved... Just a guess but file size may be an issue or that I have objects floating between 2 different windows (web project BTW).

It would be great if Xara published a list of error codes.

Thanks for the support!

Anthony

it would be a long list

usually this sort of message only flags in general terms at what stage something stopped working properly, which is a far cry from saying what the problem is, ie what caused it to stop working properly - a lot of testing might well be needed to find that out...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have moved this to Xara Graphics Chat where I think it is more appropriate.

The error codes indicate to the programmers the point in the code where the error has occurred.

I recommend filing a support ticket at https://support.xara.com and see what they have to say.

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...