Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Re: Expiration of Designer Pro

[If none of you have noticed that I confess I'm a bit disappointed![/QUOTE]

Kate, in the end we are talking about companies that are trying to sell something.
    As long as your strategy pays its fine. The day it doesn't the company will fail.
    In case that in this forum we are just a minority who lost contact to the real world, its fine. Dinosaurs died too and that is simply the way evolution or revolutions work.
    In case we are not, you simply did not listen to your customers.
    I would not place bet on either side in this case.

what is certain is that things have changed over the last few years - a whole market has opened up for the creation of websites, amongst other things, that use a predefined asset base in preference to starting from scratch [cf: templates] and that can actually be made to look good - xara are chasing that market I think... anything that does not fit into that, in someway, is not likely to happen anytime soon, we are all going to have to live with it, because that is not going to change...

[and Kate, I for one have never ever had any issues with xara support]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Probably the direction of the developments during the last years also has technical reason - as used to mention here the source code is complex and the team is small.

That is why I became satisfied even if one single inspirative tool arrived per year, like Magic Erase, Shape Builder/Painter tool, Art Brushes, Magnetic Lasso. The other "development" like online content or to be able to edit Xara document online, as I understand are the mentioned directions to "do something new which do not mix the code too much".

In this way my question is what will be that next one inspirative tool in Xara Designer Pro? And the company should come out with such new things in advance to motivate the subscription extendings