Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Expiration of Designer Pro

Kate, it took handrawn's recent download to a new machine seems to establish that you are not forced back to the DVD (purchased) version.

My fresh understanding is that a customer who does not renew will therefore have access to all that year's bug fixes and updates through a download from your site.
    Could you kindly affirm or clarify (perhaps yet again) this pivotal aspect?

Regards,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Kate, I feel pretty calm at the moment, but being told that I should be more calm isn't going to help.
    I can see that we are coming from two different perspectives. Of course testing and support are important,
    (but I do see a lot of posts about tickets not being answered here on the forum, even during this past year, so that doesn't cut it, I'm afraid).
    Nobody has answered the question of a 33% increase in renewal...for what?
    Are we supposed to trust the company to deliver next year when they patently haven't done so over the past year.
    We would need our bumps felt if we coughed up after the paltry "improvements" that were passed off as wonderful by the company.
    I've said it before, I wouldn't by a pig in a poke, but that is exactly what you asked customers to do last year (and is the reason for all the disquiet now)
    So why would we do it again, it's the definition of stupidity. Perhaps that is what we are thought of as being,a cash cow.
    I think at this stage people need reassurances about what is in the pipeline and what will definitely be forthcoming before parting with our hard-earned.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sorry to interrupt the good time you all are having , but I believe Kate's post is hard and fast. She represents the company, and she was candid about her personal feelings on the subscription decision.

Because TalkGraphics works on a liberal interpretation of free expression, members are welcome to keep posting here, but this theard is getting hotter and more political than I think we'd all like.

May I close this thread [yes] [no] as the issue is resolved, not to your liking, but is is resolved.

I suggest you continue on Dear Xara. I believe a lot more Xara management read that thread then ones tucked away in Xara Graphics Chat.

Sincerely and in sympathy,
    Barbara B.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

If you wait a year before considering renewing, you'll know exactly what you will be getting! You'll be back to the old model. If the improvements are not worth the asking price then there's no point in renewing. (Perhaps there is a flaw in what I am saying)
    Incidentally the DVD is of no use to me, as I don't have a DVD drive. Xara could save some money there by not sending them.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    If you wait a year before considering renewing, you'll know exactly what you will be getting! You'll be back to the old model. If the improvements are not worth the asking price then there's no point in renewing. (Perhaps there is a flaw in what I am saying)
    Incidentally the DVD is of no use to me, as I don't have a DVD drive. Xara could save some money there by not sending them.
    Tony, the old model was a Xara-application Find (seemingly flawed through) and ongoing access to the On-Line Content Catalogue. If you remember to download everything locally, the new model offered tons of business templates for free.

@Barbara, unless Kate wants to close this Thread, I would opt for it to keep open as it is a dialogue.
    TGers should respect the opportunity by not escalating.

Thanks,
    Acorn

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Xara Graphics Chat (71 viewing)

Dear Xara (7 viewing)

Hi Barbara,
    I would appreciate this thread remaining open. There are valid points here from both sides that could do with finding an equable solution.
    Edit:
    Also, the subject matter is an important one for all on TG as it relates to a sensitive subject.
    Close it, and like a plague of moles it will keep on popping up all over the place.
    At least it is contained here. By all means, move it lock, stock and barrel to Dear Xara, if you think it would help.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 10 July 2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

@ Tony. A nice idea, but I wonder what would happen further down the line after not having renewed in the meantime.
    Would we be allowed to pick and choose with hindsight, which upgrades we would pay for? Sound a bit complicated to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Perhaps there is a flaw in what I am saying
    no flaw if you never use the OCC - you back up the gallery designs you need - you can always find your way around them outside of windows [a decent third-party file explorer alternative should be able to do that]

but you may not be able to see what's new in the design gallery before you buy [over which I will lose no sleep because that's not what I am using the program for]
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 July 2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Barbara B (Administrator) writes:
    Sorry to interrupt the good time you all are having , but I believe Kate's post is hard and fast. She represents the company, and she was candid about her personal feelings on the subscription decision.
    So if there is nothing more to add, are we done here? You can vote with your feet as they say.