Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Getting Started" page

I recently had to reload Xara and now whenever it opens, it opens with a "Getting Started" page. I've been using Xara for perhaps a decade and a half and hardly need this nuisance of a page, I recall once before I found how to get rid of it but I've been unsuccessful this time around. How can I stop the program from loading this page?

Default Re: "Getting Started" page

Is there a do not show this page again option?

I had this a time back and I tried opening a new design page. closing the Getting Started one, closing and re-opening Xara.
    I also tried saving the Getting started one then closed it, closed Xara and re-opened.

I cannot remember if either worked so I might just have Run as Administrator to chase it off.

Sorry I cannot be more definite.

It really was tedious.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is there a do not show this page again option?
    I can't find one - that's how I got rid of the page the last time, but if it's there it's WELL hidden. I also tried the things Acorn suggested . . . I thought at first overwriting the page with the things I want in an opening template, but none of those things worked, either. Obviously, I can just "X" the page every time I open Xara, but it would be better, not to mention more professional, if I could just get rid of the thing.

Thanks, guys!

Charlie's Coffee