Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: If you can find the difference...you're good!

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Hi Mark,

I did't see a phallus in the door.

As a graphic designer I develop logos since ca. 30 years.
    The procedure is allways the same:

1. Briefing with the client, his wishes and ideas etc. …
    2. Brainstorming, allone or in a group. Catch ideas, see what other desingner had for solutions, get inspiration but don't copy.
    3. The most important part is scribbling, scribbling and scribbling… one of the scribbles is sure in the choice.
    4. Drawing the scribbled logo in a vector drawing software like XDP – a good logo is only vector no bitmap or bitmap effects like shadow, trancparency, bevel etc.
    See if the ready logo works for all purposes, B&W for in ex. a stamp or in color for ex. offset-, screen- and digitalprint, newspaper, t-shirt, lighter, ballpoint pen etc. …

Allways when I work on logos I accept the typographical rules but no rule without exception, if it fits well.
    So a process will take time. A good logo design is not a thing to do between two pots of coffee.
    No. 2 is my favorite one on your list. I've been doing computer graphic design since my mid twenties (I'm in my 50's now) but I'm hardly the best. And I am well known for two things. I do everything quickly (I wrote my first book in one week, not kidding) and I make a great cup of coffee. LOL!

Ernie, your input is refreshing without being offensive. Thanks.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Ciao

Roly

Client is happy with this. And if Bill is a happy camper then so am I. Amen!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	William Davidson INTERIOR DESIGNS Logo 10a.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	117685

Lightbulb Re: If you can find the difference...you're good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Client is happy with this. And if Bill is a happy camper then so am I. Amen!

Name:	William Davidson INTERIOR DESIGNS Logo 10a.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	117685
    Mark, party pooping here:

Name:	ID.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	117689

Not the same font but added some stitching inside around an inset of two step contour to produce an "interior design".

Also the door effect was too inviting so I placed the door frame and it cast shadow to the same colour as the circle. i don't know what the circle brings to the logo; it keeps telling me "Circle home!"

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Mark, party pooping here:

Name:	ID.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	117689

Not the same font but added some stitching inside around an inset of two step contour to produce an "interior design".

Also the door effect was too inviting so I placed the door frame and it cast shadow to the same colour as the circle. i don't know what the circle brings to the logo; it keeps telling me "Circle home!"

Acorn
    Acorn, I like the door frame shadow effect you have there (not sure how you did it but it's cool!). I decided for the "plain" looking font as the neat effect you created wasn't visible (as a stitch, looked more line a line) at a smaller scale, but I like your take on it. You are quite talented indeed! Good job!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Acorn, I like the door frame shadow effect you have there (not sure how you did it but it's cool!). I decided for the "plain" looking font as the neat effect you created wasn't visible (as a stitch, looked more line a line) at a smaller scale, but I like your take on it. You are quite talented indeed! Good job!!
    Mark
    Mark, two boxes, pink and white for the door.
    Grouped, cloned, flipped and skewed. White box then set to the shadow colour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Name:	Turoks Remix.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	118227 my two cents, kinda late.

Another version, but this one won't pass as a logo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gg.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	118229