Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to "activate" 64 bit in installed version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10?

Hi Everyone,

I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10. And have a Windows 64 bit computer.

Checking where Xara is installed I see it in the Program (x86) folder. So I assume it is not taking advantage of my 64 bit memory etc.

From what I have googled, Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 will work as 64 bit.

What do I do to enable 64 bit with Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10. Do I need to reinstall it?

Or am I misunderstanding and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 is not capable of running as a 64 bit program.

Thanks!

Rowby

Default Re: How to "activate" 64 bit in installed version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10

Quote Originally Posted by rowby View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10. And have a Windows 64 bit computer.

Checking where Xara is installed I see it in the Program (x86) folder. So I assume it is not taking advantage of my 64 bit memory etc.

From what I have googled, Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 will work as 64 bit.

What do I do to enable 64 bit with Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10. Do I need to reinstall it?

Or am I misunderstanding and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 is not capable of running as a 64 bit program.

Thanks!

Rowby
    Rowby,

I cannot answer your question because I don't know enough about XP&GD. However, I do have that program and although it has everything that I personally need for my work, it fails at one very important attribute...it doesn't have enough memory to do the high quality work that I need it to do (not even when I give it permission to use more memory). So, I uninstalled it and went ahead and got the Xara Graphic Designer Pro version. It has plenty of memory. And, although it has website building capabilities, I don't really use web stuff. I just create digital and print images for my clients. If you do, like me, make the same decision, to purchase Xara Graphic Designer Pro, you'll really enjoy the bigger capabilities with more memory! That's for sure!

Mark

Default Re: How to "activate" 64 bit in installed version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10

sorry, photo and graphic designer is not a 64 bit program - you can compare features here: http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/

it should run ok under a 64 bit OS, but if you want to take advantage of 64 bit processing and multicore proccessors you'll need to upgrade to designer pro...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...