Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Recommendations for Wacom Cintiq Pro 16

Hi, I have been using Xara for a very long time. I am thinking of purchasing a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 and am wondering if Xara Designer Pro is compatible with this, or if anyone has any views on whether this is going to be a good buy. I currently use Xara to create pattern design, which I export to Photoshop CS5 and then use Kyle's Brushes to add to the design.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, before I separate myself from my hard-earned cash ;-)

Thank you

Default Re: Recommendations for Wacom Cintiq Pro 16

well I use a cintiq 13HD - so some thoughts

I didn't buy it to use with xara designer specifically, but it does as well as any such tablet

the limitations are really within the program rather than the tablet - xara designer supports pressure sensitivity [pressure recording] with the freehand/brush tool, but it does not support tilt or rotation of pen

you can certainly use the cintiq as the drawing screen - but xara will not float drawing window/views outside of its UI which can make the use of more than one screen awkward in that respect especially if your multiple screens are not all the same aspect/size/resolution, but it will float settings dialogs outside so that is something

there is no 'rotate canvas' function in xara so you cannot setup a rotate function on the tablet you have to select objects and rotate them - I cannot express just how frustrating that is for fast freehand tablet work

ok, as an existing user you will probably know some if not all of this, but I am putting it in context hopefully
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Recommendations for Wacom Cintiq Pro 16

Handrawn, thank you for your quick response. You made some valid points!