Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Photo composition with Xara

Using Designer pro latest version 365 A forest background, a grassy field, two photos of real animals and a photo preset and a mythical creature comes to life!

The photo preset once set up using the background photo allowed me to easily match up the hue and brightness in all the photos. I used the eraser tool to blend the narwhale tusk into the horse and also to blend the horse into the grass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unicorn.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	117488  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Photo composition with Xara

Very nicely done Frances.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Frances,
    can You tell how long You need to do this composition?

Like it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Using Designer pro latest version 365 A forest background, a grassy field, two photos of real animals and a photo preset and a mythical creature comes to life!

The photo preset once set up using the background photo allowed me to easily match up the hue and brightness in all the photos. I used the eraser tool to blend the narwhale tusk into the horse and also to blend the horse into the grass
    Most Excellent, Frances!

Very effective, Frances. Thanks for sharing

Frances, why all the bother? There must be dozens of unicorns around you all day! Remember your camera the next time.

Nice composition,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks everyone!

To answer Ernie's question It took me a couple of hours from start to finish and that includes searching pixabay and Google for the images used in the composition, and a break to rescue a houseplant from a curious kitten and let the dog out It might take someone with less experience a little longer or someone with more experience might do it faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances,

I really like the composition. Was this for a special project or where you just experimenting?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Thanks everyone!

To answer Ernie's question It took me a couple of hours from start to finish and that includes searching pixabay and Google for the images used in the composition, and a break to rescue a houseplant from a curious kitten and let the dog out It might take someone with less experience a little longer or someone with more experience might do it faster.
    Hi Frances,
    I'd asked because I think in Photoshop I got it in 10 min. or less. With in XDP 365 it is fiddeling with the Rubber-Tool. The shapes who did the mask thing are still vector and isn't so precise handling with a WACOM like in PS or AffinityPhoto on bitmaps.