Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I created the circle, converted to editable shape and typed my text. Now I need rid of the circle but the text and circle seemed to have grouped. How do I get rid of the circle and leave just the text? I can make the circle white but isn't there a right way to do it?

Thanks much-
    Meia http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Meia,
    As long as the circle is there the text remains editable. If you no longer desire the circle draw a shape around the text ... select the shape and the text ... and hit Cntl+4 (Arrange-Combine-slice) to slice. Then select the circle and hit DELETE. This will remove the circle ... but the text is no longer editable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Separate_Text_from_circle.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	4055  

In a relative situation can anyone explain what's going on with the pic below?..
    Create a circle, convert to shape. click the text tool, click center justification, type any text starting on the top of the shape. After typing, hold down shift key and hit home to select all the text and that large shape appears which also extends the selection handles. ???? any ideas as to why this happens?

Actually just typing the text and choose the selection tool will show the expanded handles, but selecting the text as described above actually shows the shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	6311  
    Glenn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OklaEd:
    Meia,
    As long as the circle is there the text remains editable. If you no longer desire the circle draw a shape around the text ... select the shape and the text ... and hit F4 to slice. Then select the circle and hit DELETE. This will remove the circle ... but the text is no longer editable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another way is to just select the text object, (both the text and circle witll be selected) convert to shape, ungroup and delete the circle. The text will not be editable afterwards, but the visual effect remains.

Glenn
    Glenn

Make the line invisible - right click on the hatched square at the end of the colour bar while the line is selected. You need to CTRL click on the line to select just the line.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Gary

I knew about the Tracking - Kerning boxes in the Infobar (including the Aspect ratio for character width compression,
    which isn't possible in CorelDraw!) and they work pretty well.
    I just thought there must be a more easy and intuitive way to do it.
    I mean, XaraX¹ seems to be the king of interactive tools.

/Ronny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> just thought there must be a more easy and intuitive way to do it.
    I mean, XaraX¹ seems to be the king of interactive tools. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree it would be nice to have a hot key method such as the + and - keys with an Alt or Ctrl control added to increase or decrease the amount.

I think Illustrator used to have this or I might be thinking of PageMaker.

Gary

"???? any ideas as to why this happens?" - Glenn

I think the box is the placeholder for the text. Try it with different length text strings. See if the "box" gets longer or shorter.