Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does anyone know HOW to change the color of the guides?

Does anyone know HOW to change the color of the guides? I tried but it didn't work.

Mark

Default Re: Does anyone know HOW to change the color of the guides?

Mark,

Guide's colors are not changeable.

If for what ever reason you want a different color, you would have to make your own layer and use lines in place of the guides. You can make these lines what ever color you want. I do this for some of my technical drawings.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Mark,

Guide's colors are not changeable.

If for what ever reason you want a different color, you would have to make your own layer and use lines in place of the guides. You can make these lines what ever color you want. I do this for some of my technical drawings.

Ray
    Ray,

I just figured out how to trick the program into changing the color of the guides! go into the name gallery and type the name "local color" and pick the color you want then go into the guides properties settings and if you select "local color" the drop down menu will put the color you chose! Yea!!!! Personally, I just can barely see that standard red line. It's too dim for me. *footnote* The color change of the guides isn't permanent. It's only going to be on that document. You'll have to change it every time you need it to be some other color (unless someone smarter than me knows how to make it permanent on all documents.).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Ray,

I just figured out how to trick the program into changing the color of the guides! go into the name gallery and type the name "local color" and pick the color you want then go into the guides properties settings and if you select "local color" the drop down menu will put the color you chose! Yea!!!!
    You can choose every named color, not only „local color”.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    You can choose every named color, not only „local color”.
    Ernie, how come you're so smart?

It may be possible to set that guide color and save it as a template and have it remain for future documents. I haven't tried it...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    It may be possible to set that guide color and save it as a template and have it remain for future documents. I haven't tried it...
    I can confirm this works. I created a named color, then set the guide color to that named color, and saved the template (and coincidentally set it as the default). Even with Delete Unused Colors turned on, it still retains the color I chose, so in opening new documents all my guides are light blue instead of the default red.

One caveat: This will cause the document to open with a Guides layer already in place, and you'll want to make sure the guide layer isn't selected when you save the template, or that will be the default selected layer when you open new documents. Rude awakening when you try to create shapes and they end up on the guide layer.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    I can confirm this works. I created a named color, then set the guide color to that named color, and saved the template (and coincidentally set it as the default). Even with Delete Unused Colors turned on, it still retains the color I chose, so in opening new documents all my guides are light blue instead of the default red.

One caveat: This will cause the document to open with a Guides layer already in place, and you'll want to make sure the guide layer isn't selected when you save the template, or that will be the default selected layer when you open new documents. Rude awakening when you try to create shapes and they end up on the guide layer.

-- Ben
    Ben,
    I did it too. But you'll have to select the layer 1 instead of the guide's layer when you save the template and that way when you open the template again it will automatically be on the layer 1 so that when you design something it will not be saved on the guide layer. But you and Mike are brilliant to come up with all this! You guys are the MAN!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

here is a tutorial that covers the guides layers guide colours and more

http://site.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tr...bjects-layers/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    here is a tutorial that covers the guides layers guide colours and more

http://site.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tr...bjects-layers/
    Thank you, angelize!