Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GOLD TEXT TUTORIAL

I've enjoyed learning to create gold text so I thought I would share it with you. Feel free to give it a try and show us your results!

Enjoy!

Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOLD TEXT TUTORIAL.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	117383

Default Re: GOLD TEXT TUTORIAL

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome, Boy.

Here's mine

Name:	thanks mark.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	117385

Ciao

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    Here's mine

Name:	thanks mark.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	117385

Ciao

Roly
    AWESOME ROLY! I like how you switched the smooth and heavy gradients. CREATIVE!

By the way guys, I discovered something important. It's okay to create the image on a computer but you'll have to make adjustments if you are going to print the image. I found out that you DON'T darken the heavy gradient and you must make the fill on the smooth gradient (grab the fill handles) so smooth that it's no longer a perceivable gradient (it's looks like a solid color) then back up just a bit so that you have a tiny amount of gradient. Then go into the photo tool (we are still on the smooth gradient only here) and lighten up the brightness to about +25 (and maybe more) or you'll print out a DARK image. Keep these things in mind when printing. If you're gonna make your lettering thin instead of thick then you will be able to quickly convert the entire image into black for printing on a business card or as a black letterhead stationery but if you have a laser printer you can make that image with gold foil (as I understand it). I have a color laser printer but I personally have never printed foil with it. If you know how to do it and you happen to have a laser printer, more power to you.

Mark

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This is a fun technique Thanks for sharing Mark. If you want to create this effect so it is completely editable as text you can use the bevel tool and seamless tiling bitmaps. You can run Filter Forge as a stand alone and generate all kinds of them

to apply a different bitmap to the bevel after bevelling your text hold down ctrl and use the selector tool to select the bevel. Once the bottom of the screen shows you have a bevel selected select your bit map from the bitmap gallery and click fill at the top of the gallery.( I am assuming here that the bitmaps have already been imported or dropped into the document)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold text.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	117393  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    This is a fun technique Thanks for sharing Mark. If you want to create this effect so it is completely editable as text you can use the bevel tool and seamless tiling bitmaps. You can run Filter Forge as a stand alone and generate all kinds of them

to apply a different bitmap to the bevel after bevelling your text hold down ctrl and use the selector tool to select the bevel. Once the bottom of the screen shows you have a bevel selected select your bit map from the bitmap gallery and click fill at the top of the gallery.( I am assuming here that the bitmaps have already been imported or dropped into the document)
    Fances,

You always make everything so much more fun! Thanks for that tip!

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post

By the way, Fances? How did you get those light bursts? Way COOL!

Here's a couple of more gold text, Jpg1 is from a tut. by Frances. Ahh those were the days Frances, the XaraXone, tutorials, tips and tricks, all gone but never forgotton.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold  1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	117397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold 2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	117398  

Last edited by stygg2003; 07 May 2017 at 06:06 PM.