Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No support after purchasing product

Can someone please advise how long it takes for support to reply as have a few tickets open and not had one reply in over a week.

I have now asked for a full refund as am not getting any help from support (their loss as would have upgraded to 365 premium if all had gone well)

such a shame support lets me down

Default Re: No support after purchasing product

Sorry it is such a sad welcome to TalkGraphics.

One of our Moderators has a little clout with Xara so if you advise what your Ticket numbers are, he might be able to expedite things.

In the meantime, why not share your problems here. We are a savvy bunch and what you see as overwhelming might be a snitch for us.

Here to help,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Xara is a small company and getting support is not as fast as some would hope. The forum tries to supplement support through our members.

Check back to this thread Monday and see if any of the Xara support people have responded. Though as Acorn points out, the members and moderators here are volunteers. We know a lot about Xara products but we are not mind readers.

Hello.

I too am experiencing a similar issue as SDRJ, though not nearly as long. I've used Xara products for a very long time and the few times I entered a support ticket I received turnaround within 24 hours.

For my current problem (I will make a separate post) I submitted the ticket on 27-Apr-17 and have not heard back thus far. Hopefully it won't be much longer or someone here will be able to provide guidance as the problem I am having (which may or may not be related to the update to Xara Designer 365 recently released) is quite painful.

Thanks.

Alex E. Luyando J.C.N. Associates, L.L.C. Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Application Design and Development | IT Project Management (PMP)

EDIT - this post is for sdrj, not jcnassoc, who cross posted

it is a bank holiday weekend in UK - therefore xara support are not likely to be available until tuesday earliest

you do not buy support from xara, it is free... and what is free often takes time

in order to get a quick response you need to give good information that they can work with.. they are not mind readers either; and like Gary says if you want help here you need to tell us what your actual problem is

you are just one of many - it is sometimes galling, but it is true - we will try to help if we can, but just complaining is not going to get you very far in itself...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@jcnassoc that said you do not say what your problem is either

bank holiday weekend, just out of easter, updates released... they are going to be rather busy

hopefully someone from xara may chip in though
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    EDIT - this post is for sdrj, not jcnassoc, who cross posted

it is a bank holiday weekend in UK - therefore xara support are not likely to be available until tuesday earliest

you do not buy support from xara, it is free... and what is free often takes time

in order to get a quick response you need to give good information that they can work with.. they are not mind readers either; and like Gary says if you want help here you need to tell us what your actually problem is

you are just one of many - it is sometimes galling, but it is true - we will try to help if we can, but just complaining is not going to get you very far in itself...
    Didn't mean to touch an obvious sore point, nor did I intend to imply the world needs to stop spinning when I have a technical product with Xara software. As I stated I have been using Xara products for a VERY long time--if I didn't have high regards for the company and its products that would not be the case. I was simply voicing that it is unusual--in my experience with Xara--to not have received a response within 24 hours; they have been very good about that in the past. Trying to read anything else into my comments is something you are bringing to this conversation, not I.

I will thank you for informing me that it was a bank holiday coming up tomorrow so I will not expect a response until later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    @jcnassoc that said you do not say what your problem is either
    That is very true, as I did say I would make a separate post about it.

like I said in the edit, that first post was not for you, you posted whilst I was typing it - the second post was for you...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by jcnassoc View Post
    did say I would make a separate post about it.
    fine, no problem, not that urgent then is it? - look forward to seeing it

no offence meant, we do the best we can
    Nothing lasts forever...