Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floydscape

So what it comes down to is struggle and adversity create the best kind of artists because of those experiences,is that an accurate asessment?

Stu.

No, Stu, struggle isn't necessary. I don't fight to create. I am amazed that I am and that I am creative. Wow. But when your mind is full of stagnated ideas and slimy marshes of depressing meaninglesness and lack of purpose, then it is best to do something about it. Quiet desperation never helped anyone. Neither did Prozac, drugs or booze.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

I dont mean struggle to create art as that just doesnt work.What I mean is an example would be a Blues singer some of the best blues singers in the world have been totally immersed in the Blues{trauma} themselves and that experience makes them outstanding at singing the blues,so ipso facto the experience of the blues{trauma} had brought out the best in these people and this became manifest in their work there after,so in those cases the struggle was actually the precursor to the rewards [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.