Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm sorry, I just had to add this picture. It took me about 10 minutes! All done with the original VW bus and then just duplicating it changing the two base colours every time... man this is a good way to choose the colour of your new car!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

was the same green color as the middle VW.

The bikes's seat was bright red and the thing was quite an eyesore. It had three gears that you could switch between, by turning one of the handlebars (if you were buff as the hulk). This feature was really cool, the first week, when it actually worked.

You drawing is NOT an eyesore and IS very cool, and it will work a week from now!

Big Frank - that is a great drawing you have there! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Risto

Suggest I jump on my Harley, Frank, and drive up the A12 to meet you in your VW. Maybe Xara should produce a vector paint for cars and bikes. It would be on a winner!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Risto,

That was a Honda Automatic, no? Something like a 250cc? I used to be a despatch rider in London years a go and a one-handed friend of mine had one. I never understood why they didn't catch on - it was dead cool!

Hey Egg,

I have you to thank for inspiring me to get off my arse and do this thing! My excuse for not doing it sooner is the same as everybody else's - too much work. Glad you like it!

I know Harwich very well. Well, the loading ramp for the ferry anyway! I pop over to Holland quite frequently. Used to have some friends years ago who had a B&B in Dovercourt but they moved away eons ago.

I think my next project is going to be a shiny, chromw bike, but not yet as I now have a backlog of work to plough through.

See ya
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

It looks fantastic - I am well impressed. I really like the photo-realism. I think because you have a double take and have to peer closer to find some detail that convinces you that this really is a drawing and not a photograph. When you see a picture like this it kind of invites you to zoom in for a closer look - or at least it does to me. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Brian

Beautiful rendition Big Frank, wish I could draw like that. My only complaint would be that it looks TOO good. Possibly a bit of rust on the front would add a bit of realism.

These VWs weren't built with aerodynamics in mind, that's for sure.

Later,
    Bryan

Great. Not only the draw is great but VW's are also great. I had 3 Bugs and a 914 plus a Speddster Replica. And my brother had a Karman Ghia. I love them. Keep the amazing work.

emel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cool.png 
Views:	1047 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	1760  

Frank,

I was 6 years old... when I got that cool handle-bar-gear switching bike...

Bicycle! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

Fantastic !
    Only after seeing the multiple copies of the VW in different colors did I believe that it is not a photograph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Great Stuff!
    - V

Here what a wireframe looks like with a splash of airbrush!
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.