Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scaling Text Problem in Designer Pro X

Hello, I have the latest copy of Designer Pro X.

I have had a weird problem going on since i bought it. I noticed that sometimes I can scale text easily using the selector tool, but sometimes it does not work.
    Sometimes it will just scale the text line but not the text. This has been making things difficult for me lately. This never happens in Xara MX from my experience. Has anyone else
    here experienced such thing, and if so , is there a fix for that?

Default Re: Scaling Text Problem in Designer Pro X

I think you'll need to supply more information here properez. Can you do a video of the problem?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I seem to remember that how to resize text has changed in some previous versions. There is also a difference between a text area (left-click & drag right and down in the Text Tool), a text column (left-click & drag right/horizontally in the Text Tool) and just text (left-click in the Text Tool and just start typing). You might know all this but perhaps it clarifies some of the unexpected behavior you encounter. For further reference, this is from the Help file:

Resizing text areas
    Using the Text Tool, you can click and drag on any of the corner control handles. The text in the area will be reformatted to fit the new size. If you resize a text area using the Selector Tool, using the corner control handles, the text itself is scaled as well, but use any of the other control handles and the text area size is changed and the text reflows in it to fit the new size.

You can also change the size of the text in the text area, by going into the Text Tool, select all the text with Ctrl+A and change the font size on the Text Tool InfoBar.

Scaling text areas and columns
    If you scale a text area or text column using the Selector Tool, the text itself is not scaled, only the dimensions of the area or column are changed. Use the Text Tool font size control to change the actual text size. However if the text is inside a Group, resizing the group will scale the text.

Yes iwas reffering to the fact that once you wrote some text, scaling or resizing the whole element with the selector tool was not working. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not.

It will work if using the selector points at the edges but not the ones in the middle whether side or up o r down.

So heres what I did. Like BOY said, I selected the text item and grouped it. It now allows me to resize the item and I can also change the text letters too. But its really weird that I had to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by properez View Post

It will work if using the selector points at the edges but not the ones in the middle whether side or up o r down.
    This is how it's intended, as mentioned in the Help file (see my previous post).