Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: website

I like the site, but the textlinks could have another colour - blue coloured text is a bit hard to read on black background.

Perhaps I would also change the black background to something slightly lighter (dark grey would be good), but that is just my taste and opinion.

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Risto

I first had a look at your site on Saturday and my first reaction was regarding the colour of the links. I haven't said anything before because I do not consider myself to be a graphic designer and with Roman not saying anything about it I thought it was me. However, I felt I had to say something after reading Paul's comments.

I'm sorry, but a bright blue link does not look too good at all and as Paul said it is somewhat hard to read. I had to get up close to see what was there and only then did I know what I may be able to go to (I sit too close to my monitor as it is but I had to get closer to read your links). The colour you've chosen seems to make the text merge into the background.

I think that what you'll need to do is to lighten up the background a bit if you want to retain the general colour scheme or if you're happy to play with link colours, I find that yellow stands out well on black - just a thought.

Tracey

Yes it's screaming, I believe Risto will solve that sooner or later. I'm noit very good at detailed criticism, as I mostly look at the overal impact on me and mostly forget to look at details. And IMHO I'm not that great to be qualified to give hard criticism to others.

Thanks all for looking and for the feedback!

Yeah, perhaps there is too much strain in reading the blue links. I fact, I have already changed the link and banner color but have not updated the on-line pages. I will now take them down and only bring it back up when it is all ready - whenever that might be.

I'm keeping the black background... I find that it makes the colors of the images *pop*.

The reasoning behind using just one color was to make the colors of the images stand out more.

Great points, rgremill. I thought about it but decided against it because I wanted to keep it simple for myself when it comes to changing things around.

Tad - Dreamweaver.

Again , thanks!

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

Risto

You are off to a good start. One question, though. You are so good with color, why are your thumbnails in blue? I like the effect, but it does not reflect your masterful use of color.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg

about time you made a showcase for your amazing work, i always find that looking at your stuff cheers me up when i'm feeling down, i like cheery art, just wish i had that talent!

can't wait to see how it develops, am well impressed.

d-sine.

:: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org
    :: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org

... was the only "effect" I could do with my limited html skills... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

No, seriously, the idea was that the color would come from one place at a time in-order for the images/thumbnails to stand-out more.

Hmmm... I will try to go all-out nuts with color and see what it looks like! (In the same simple lay-out).

Thanks for the feedback , Gary!

d-sine - you are too kind! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

As I said in my frist reaction. You started very well - knowing the fundamental rule of a good website (easy to update) without even learning from own "bad" experience with complicatedly designed but hardly updateable sites. You're on a good way to get a regular & maybe even considerable [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]ammount of visitors.