Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stumped by tool bar behavior

Once upon a time, the tool panel for kerning, etc. was a fixed part of my graphics tools. Last year, it reverted to a popup style bar, linked to "ab".

What is this bar called? ... and how can I restore it to the "always on" tool set?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tool panel.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	116674

Default Re: Stumped by tool bar behavior

Try Windows / Bars / Extended Text Info Bar

I believe if you open it and save the template it will stay open.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your response.

I don't seem to have that as a choice. I'm using Pro X9.

Name:	Bar Choices.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	116675

Then it would only appear to be available under the ab button on the end of the text options bar, which I presumeis how you took your original screen-shot.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Then it would only appear to be available under the ab button
    That does not compute ... really. They were there as static elements within the past year (I estimate). Something got derailed ... in one of the updates, perhaps?

If you've ever used kerning, for example, the having to "open" the menu on every character is just absurd ... so I can't imagine Xara would have ever taken the feature away.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Unfortunately my XDP 9 has become unstable. XDP11 has the Extended Text Info Bar I mentioned earlier.

You could try Windows / Control Bars / Reset but this can mess with other choices of bar layout.
    Egg

If you've ever used kerning, for example, the having to "open" the menu on every character is just absurd
    In 11 a long click on the ab button toggles keeping the additional toolbar open.
    Egg

Well, thanks for trying these things. I did do a reset earlier ... and it's taken me 20 minutes to get back the elements I use into the proper arrangement. I have to say that I would only recommend that to someone as a final option. (And be sure to take a screen copy before trying it!)

Tomorrow, I'll try a reboot and Xara restart. Something may have bobbled.

Further investigation has led me to conclude that my entire text tool bar is truncated. One indication is that the ab button at the end isn't completely displayed. I recall that it's supposed to be button-like and have a small arrow on its right side.

I think it's possible that a longer bar was displaying the text tools I need ... but that somehow the definition of the bar's width has changed.

I've tried various drags, CTRL combinations, etc. with no success. Maybe the reboot will help.

Name:	Truncated.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	116676

following on from what egg said there may be a registry entry for this - try looking in ......options/bars for SuperWideInfobar and if it's 0 set it to 1

XaReg may have an option if you don't want to edit the registry directly

I can't recall exactly which version this became an issue, but worth a look
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...