Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought version 6 and installed it. It worked wonderful. Today neither it nor version 5 will bring up an image. I keep getting the error message:
    Xara 3D has failed and no image can currently be diplayed.
    Try undoing any recent changed you made.

I have un-installed it and re-installed it but still no image. I have uninstalled every program that I have installed in the past week and tried again. Still nothing!!!!
    Anyone got any suggestions? I am in the middle of building a website and need it right away. Thank you

Ummm... Wild outside guess here. Try restarting you 'puter?

First thing I did. Then I ran Norton Utilities to correct any problems. Still no image. I can't figure out what could make 2 different versions have the same problem. Thanks anyway.

Xara 3D has failed and no image can currently be diplayed.
    Try undoing any recent changed you made.
    Odd. I got this message yesterday in my copy of X3D while working with an image that I had pasted a photo to. I was rotating the image with the lights on, trying to get the best color from the photo, when the image vanished and this message appeared.

I took the instructions to mean "hit the undo" button, which I did, a couple of times. The image returned.

This probably doesn't help you, since you've reloaded everything, but are you trying to import an existing file? Perhaps that file is damaged and is not recoverable...

When you first start it there is a 3D image of Xara 3D. You can then change the text to whatever you want. The program is not generating that image and when I try to open an old file there is nothing showing even though it shows the file name. This is driving me nuts trying to figure it out. Thanks anyway

Just a thought... try deleting the default.x3d file (in "C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Xara\Xara3D6\Default.x3d"
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I would avoid using Norton Utilities unless it is absolutely necessary, as it often creates problems by throwing out files it doesn't think are necessary files, but infact are.
    As for a fix, I would try reinstalling, but this time install in a slightly-different-than-default
    location, and giving it a slightly different name ( such as putting a "-2" after the name and location. I believe that will force the program to create separate and distinct registery references, and a fresh program install that won't be entangled by previous Xara3D installation.
    Good luck,
    - Andrew

I took your advice and tried a different install...no luck. I then searched for the default.x3d and found it in /samples. I then proceeded to copy it into every directory I could. All of a sudden windows pops up saying it has to shut down the program so I let it send in the report. As soon as I clicked on the ok button the image suddenly appeared. I haven't dared shut down the program yet as I have a bunch of graphics to build. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Simon's suggestion seems to make sense. DELETE the default file, not copy it to every folder. The program should create a new one and reset everything... Do a file search on your pc if you have trouble finding it.

The problem was that it was not making a new one and until I added it everywhere I had no image to work with even when I loaded an old one I had made. At least it is working now.....for a while anyway. Thank you.