Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stamp Tool vs Clone/Magic Erase

I need to quickly edit a photo by replicating parts of the persons hair to fill in gaps where this is light background. I basically need to make the person's hair look fuller but the clone tool is not an efficient option in my opinion. There are some free photo editing programs that have a stamp tool which allows you to select an area and then just click as many times as needed on the image wherever you need to replicate that stamp. Can this be done in Xara?

Default Re: Stamp Tool vs Clone/Magic Erase

Not sure if this would work, but when you use the Clone Tool, and designate an area and clone it, the clone is actually a bitmap patch. If you switch to outlines view you can see the outline. Ctrl click on this patch then press Ctrl v to paste a duplicate. You can duplicate this area as often as you want.

Also, try the Healing Brush (the X band aid in the Photo Tool flyout. It might work.

I tried the clone tool before posting here, but it did not work out too well. Maybe the Healing Brush will work better. Thanks!

This might help:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg the wait is kill me!

Egg the wait is kill me!
    Sorry, not with you Dutchim?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Your previous post is only showing: This might help:

Perhaps my phone not showing your whole post?

Edit: the video was not showing.

Please disregard my comment!

Please disregard my comment!
    Ah, thanks for the clarification dutchim.
    Egg