Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clean up traced vector object

I followed the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAT_pJ0Yf3Q ("Cutting out an object/person and putting it into another image") to create a vector object using the freehand brush tool in trace mode.

The trace isn't perfect and has some flaws (see attached image). Is there a way to clean this up a bit before placing this object into an image?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ron and Sury - Clean up Vector Shape.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	116389  

Default Re: Clean up traced vector object

Zoom in really close and use the shape editor tool to adjust the edges.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

if you mean clean the clipped image, rather than adjust the vector shape you cut it out with, then you could use the eraser tool; again, zooming in first [and make sure the clipped image is selected]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

you might want to take a look at this tool for less than $10... sometimes it is good to have a bunch of utility programs like this - https://www.mightydeals.com/deal/pho...tml?hmref=home

I'm not affiliated with that site, but I buy a lot of stuff there for dirt cheap - that promo is only good for the next 4 days... but, heck - it's only $20 after that... still cheap.
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

listen carefully, for I shall say this only once.... it does not matter what it says on the tin, unless you can accurately tell the program where the boundary between what you want and what you don't want is, it won't work very well

some programs make this a bit easier than others, but at end of the day you have to do this

maybe one day with AI things will be different, if we silly/brave enough to create intelligent machines in the real meaning of the word...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Zoom in really close and use the shape editor tool to adjust the edges.
    Yes! This worked very well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you mean clean the clipped image, rather than adjust the vector shape you cut it out with, then you could use the eraser tool; again, zooming in first [and make sure the clipped image is selected]
    For a final touch ups (after using shaped edit tool), this also worked. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
    you might want to take a look at this tool for less than $10... sometimes it is good to have a bunch of utility programs like this - https://www.mightydeals.com/deal/pho...tml?hmref=home

I'm not affiliated with that site, but I buy a lot of stuff there for dirt cheap - that promo is only good for the next 4 days... but, heck - it's only $20 after that... still cheap.
    Thanks for the info. Going to try photoscissors just so see if it helps.

seriously - if the background and foreground [as perceived by you] have high contrast, then you may be in luck because that is easy to define... but if they don't it may be a lot of work... be good to know how you get on
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    seriously - if the background and foreground [as perceived by you] have high contrast, then you may be in luck because that is easy to define... but if they don't it may be a lot of work... be good to know how you get on
    Downloaded photoscissors. The good news is that it is dirt cheap and very easy to use. I used it on the photo I attached at the top of this thread. The bad news is that it appears to be just as much work to clean up -- as you indicated.