Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Storing webpage suggestion

Hello,

I am curious how to save our website.
    should I save one file for one page, or save all pages in one file or save one file for one category.

I have 12 pages on my website and save one file, but when I was exporting the website, even there always pop up error message, but still be able to export website. Yesterday, after I add another page (site map), when I tried to export the website, happened an error message and couldn't export.

so, I want to hear some suggestions from you and expert's method .

Thank you.

Best,

Alexia

Default Re: Storing webpage suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by alexia36 View Post
    Hello,
    I am curious how to save our website.
    should I save one file for one page, or save all pages in one file or save one file for one category.
    I have 12 pages on my website and save one file, but when I was exporting the website, even there always pop up error message, but still be able to export website. Yesterday, after I add another page (site map), when I tried to export the website, happened an error message and couldn't export.
    so, I want to hear some suggestions from you and expert's method .
    Thank you.
    Best, Alexia
    There should be no error messages. Please tell us what they are.

You Save the design is a single file. You cannot "save" parts of it.
    You Export an entire site to a computer folder but this is not the design, it is the output of your design.
    You can Publish to your ISP, again this is the output of your design.

Please use MS Windows to copy your design file (WEB / XAR) to a second location - USB stick, CD-ROM, The Cloud.

It is impossible to reconstruct your site from the output should you lose the design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Storing webpage suggestion

Hi Acorn,

Thank you for the reminder, when I back to office, I will post the error messages and let you know.
    Best,

Alexia