Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Finding the location of fonts used in my .web site to change them

I have made the change from Serif Webplus. I successfully imported a pdf document into Xara Web Designer Pro and took quite a long time adjusting it so that it works perfectly. It's quite a large site 40 or so pages.

I have searched to try to find out how to fix the problem I have but can't seem to find a solution.

When I preview or publish the site to htm files I get the warnings that 4 non-standard fonts are used. I'd like to find where these fonts are in the site and simply change them. However, I can't seem to do this.

Is there a way of either searching the .web document in xara web designer pro to locate the instances / pages those fonts are used? I can't seem to find one. I can see Document Info with a list of fonts.

Or, is there a way of at least finding the page each font is used on maybe using the htm files.

Thanks in advance. I'm an often reader of this forum but first time poster.

Default Re: Finding the location of fonts used in my .web site to change them

The Names panel. Fonts section will get you the closest.

You will be able to select the radio button beside the font name and it will select the type on the current page that use that font--and I would do them one at a time. Changing them is different issue. It is simply a repetitive process using the text tool in the frames using those fonts.

Though I think the text styles work in a very funky way in Xara products, you could consider creating the styles from existing known good text and apply those styles to the various text blocks. That will be a good start for consistency.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The Names panel. Fonts section will get you the closest.

You will be able to select the radio button beside the font name and it will select the type on the current page that use that font--and I would do them one at a time. Changing them is different issue. It is simply a repetitive process using the text tool in the frames using those fonts.

Though I think the text styles work in a very funky way in Xara products, you could consider creating the styles from existing known good text and apply those styles to the various text blocks. That will be a good start for consistency.

Mike
    Thanks, I did that (it took a while) and it worked fine. All sorted. Good advice.

Great result!

It could aid future versions if there was a viable find/change in Xara applications that like other applications could apply to various properties--fonts, outlines, colors, etc. But I also don't hold my breath for these additional capabilities...