Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Questions about add a SSL certificate to my website!

I want add an SSL certificate to my website. I use Web Designer Premium 12 and have the XL package.
    First of all dose the Xara hosting even allow us to add this?
    Can anyone point me to the proper way in adding one to my site?

JUST TO BE CLEAR HERE what i'm looking for is my site Address to be a HTTPS:// with an SSL added and not a HTTP:// which the current web hosting from xara gives your domain. I intend to have an E Store as well as other items on my site that require the SSL for security .It would be a huge disappointment for someone who uses a lot of the xara/magix products if they do not allow us to add one.

Default Re: Questions about add a SSL certificate to my website!

Not sure you can do it with Xara. Well over my head but you might like to look at this :-)

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...cate-authority
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi, I imagine an SSl site would have to be hosted on a secure web hosting site not an average 'magix' host. Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

an ssl certificate has nothing to do with your website, it is to do with hosting, you can purchase through your hosting company.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

You just need to get SSL to have HTTPS prefix before website URL. You can ask your hosting provider to install certificate if they don't because world is getting more and more secure. And to defeat competitors in search engines, SSL is of the important aspect nowadays. You can get SSL cert from hosting provider, incase they are not providing SSL, you should get from third-party vendor like SSL Shop or Namecheap.