Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Straignten a rectangular photo

I use X10 pro. Have a photograph of an A2 size card taken at an angle and want to straighten it.
    In my very old PaintShopPro, I could use the prospective tool and assign which lines I wanted to square up.
    Xara x10 pro will only straighten the left side of the photo, leaning the card, not bring the rectangle straight upright.
    What should I be doing?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	straighten_card_sample1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	116132
    Last edited by samrc; 07 February 2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: better sample image attached
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Straignten a rectangular photo

I used the image you posted and altered it with the perspective correction tool. Hope this helps.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	116134  

The Perspective Correction Tool is in the Photo Tool fly out menu.

As I said in the original post, my copy of Xara x10 Pro will straighten only the LEFT side of the pic using that tool.
    I expected the results you got but this is MY result of using the perspective correction tool.

Name:	straighten_card_sample2after.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	116135

I tried cropping first, or leaving photo as is, same result. Only left side is straightened. The rest of the card just leans.
    As you can see, your result is what I want and what I expect. But is definitely not what my copy of the software is giving me. Since I have no adjustment to the tool, I can not reset it or change parameters.
    This tool seems to work only when the vertical line extends to the end of the image. Before and after using the tool on a partially cropped image that cuts off the card.

Name:	floralb4.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	116136 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floralafter.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	116137

So what would you suggest I do to straighten my complete images? Thanks for assistance!!!
    Last edited by samrc; 08 February 2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: additional sample
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Hi Gary, did you mean the mold tool?

Ciao

Roly

I think Gary was referring to the same tool I was trying (unsuccessfully) to use which is on the photo flyout.
    -Samantha

Thanks Samantha, sorry about that Gary. I was looking at the photo fly out on XWDP365 and did not see any perspective fly out on the photo tool but there was one on the mould fly out, which is why I made the comment.

Ciao

Roly

The image I posted in #2 was done in P&GD11 Samantha.

Stygg

Samantha,

I tried to correct this in both ProX11 and 365 and both are giving me the same result as what you are seeing. I wonder if the background is some how effecting this. What is strange is even if I crop the picture it still does it. I have never had this problem before on any of the pictures I have used this tool on so I am not sure what to suggest.

Maybe Stygg can let us know how he fixed the picture.

Ray

Crop the image before warping it using perspective tool. Use an actual right angle or turn the visual grid on for lining it up.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com