Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is "master pages" something to expect be release by DP in the short term?

Hi,

By chance, does anyone know if functionality as Serif PagePlus "master pages" is something to expect be release by DP in the short term?

Serif PagePlus master pages info:
    http://www.serif.com/appresources/pp...asterpages.htm
    http://www.serif.com/appresources/wp...ster_pages.htm

Thanks for info!
    Cadu

Default Re: Is "master pages" something to expect be release by DP in the short term?

Master pages would be beneficial to both the vector and web side of things.

No one knows--and Xara doesn't typically give out hints at new features--and even if someone knew, they couldn't say. You'll need to wait with the rest of us to find out what new features Xara will provide.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Default Re: Is "master pages" something to expect be release by DP in the short term?

It's not that we have not asked repeatedly for master pages.

Still don't understand the need for masterpages. I must be thick
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It's not that we have not asked repeatedly for master pages.
    For doing multi-page layouts with a consistent border or decoration, it's really useful. Combine with automatic page numbering for best effect.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

No, still missing the point....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Why doesn't REPEAT ON ALL PAGES work for anyone? It's been in there since forever....
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

It does work. It's a programmer's crutch around not providing master pages. Clever, yes. But not as useful as master pages.

I also would prefer master pages.

But not as useful as master pages
    Hi Mike. Surely a master page/s is just the same as another layer over which to overlay the page content. Repeat on all Pages allows for an edit on one page to update all pages. Other than that what else can master pages achieve? I honestly can't see an advantage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	master-pages.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	116149  
    Egg

"Repeat on all pages" is an interesting solution for the web site. But the print media have in at least even and odd pages. To say nothing of cover etc... Not suitable!