Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: converting xara file to jpeg 300dpi

Great info thank you. When I try to upload it states "invalid file", won't let me upload a pdf either, same message. I have the answer to several points though from above. fyi I sell the soft copy, not a hard copy, then people have them printed at will. So important that they are 300 dpi without noise. Usually we are required to upload both jpeg and pdf copy. I understand now that the imported source material needs to be of equal quality. With the sample provided the background which I made in Xara craquelture, and the colour spilled over the edge of the half inch circle, looked great as xara file, but not as jpeg or pdf. I think I will start again. Thank you also very much for the info regarding the duplication settings, works a treat, just shows how much more I have to learn. I have no idea how to link a file from dropbox without an email address.

Actually, a question about color profiles related to Albacore's reply: I create architectural design proposals.( image attached ) simulated art glass photos placed behind a vector layer with black lines used to strengthen the frame silouette;. Used corel for a long time, could print native, or export and print pdf, color was accurate and consistent. I'm xara noob, but It seems to have problems with color accuracy in print output. Is there a preferred way to do this sort of thing in xara? ( I've heard for instance that xara likes pdfs). Thanks for any insight yo may want to share.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glass illustration.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	116365

Hi

Can anyone help me...I need some answers urgently. I created a banner 8ft by 3ft on Xara Pro 365. Now I want to export as PDF file for printing however when I chose the Commercial PDF/X -300dpi option I found out the exported file had its colors little way off from my original and worst thing is some characters in my final output file are missing e.g. I had a word "Nov" and output shows "No" the character "v" is not displayed...plus other similar examples. Why a professional piece of software can behave so weirdly and also happening at a very crucial time for me when I need to get tis banner printed ASAP. Can anyone help...I even tried choosing High Quality PDF-300dpi the same thing happen - characters missing in the output file...I just do not know what to do...HELP!

I undertand output to Jpeg file is not recommended for printing - the best is PDF or PDF/X

Rgds
    Kish
    Singapore

I think the dropped character thing is something Xara is aware of...if I recall properly.

As for color shift, in CD since X4, one is working in a fully-compliant color-managed workflow. In XDP, there is zero color management and so there will always be a disparity from what you see on-screen versus output (unless one is exporting an RGB image as that will align with the sRGB used in Xara products).

I do, however, always get the proper color numbers out of XDP and I nearly always use an embedded color profile as specified by the print establishment when exporting to PDF.

I could take a look at your XDP file and see if the characters are dropping out here. Or, perhaps just an example of the text this happens on and knowing the font used (and likely its revision number as that can have an effect) would suffice.

Mike