Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop and Post January 2017

Attempt to upload graphic.Test line spacingand carriage return.Well, that didn't work.@Gary - I followed your instructions, but sadly no dice.Can someone do a tutorial on how to upload graphics here? I seem to be either becoming senile or stupid - or both.Bob.addendum - smilies & links seem to be failing for me as well as all the other stuff.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Larry,I've installed a brand new hard drive and computer management tells me all's well, as does Intel Rapid Storage Technology.I can't see why this is happening. The keyboard works fine in applications, all looks well enough as I am typing this, I get the carriage returns and the line spacing in the Quick Reply Box as I type.Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Here's the image I was wittering on about earlier."This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at http://www.talkgraphics.com/newattac...o=manageattach might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."Still can't upload and still getting this problem with text layout. It works fine for me elsewhere, both online and offline. I seem to be wasting my time here.
    Bob, have you tried a different browser--as well as the switch to the different uploader?

Also, I was on a forum once that in order to obtain a paragraph break I had to hit enter twice for each break. Dunno if that will help. It came down to me using a different keyboard layout in Windows and the code it was using wasn't being recognized as a return on that forum.

Hi Mike, I'm typing this from an Opera browser to see if this helps.[Line Space]I'll also try to upload a graphic here:well that hasn't worked either![Line Space]How the hell does one upload graphics here these days?[Line Space]Bob

The problems persists in Opera and I still can't upload graphics. I'm getting an inferiority complex now. (smiley)

As regards uploads, have you made the change in the forum preferences that Gary indicated:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ts-to-TG-again

Did you try hitting enter twice in a row? If I recall, it was Opera I used back when I had issues. Are you pressing Return on the keyboard proper or on the number pad (if it has one)?

Cheers stygg, latest amendment. Nothing moves fast here

I'm pleased with the saw-tooth effect of the shadows created by the bargeboards. Hardly noticibale here but I think it adds depth to the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel-7.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	116036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel-7a.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	116037  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@ Mike: Yes I've followed Gary's instructions, but no dice.Bob. (line spacing and carriage returns and attachments still not working here).
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 29 January 2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: addendum

Looking good Egg, l like the sawtooth shadow effect you have applied, excellent.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Cheers stygg, latest amendment. Nothing moves fast here

I'm pleased with the saw-tooth effect of the shadows created by the bargeboards. Hardly noticibale here but I think it adds depth to the image.
    As a working delineator, those are the kind of little effects I always did. I always went the extra mile.

@ Stygg. Good job.

@ Bob, hope you get your problem fixed some how, even if it means reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling everything. Massive pain I know and I wouldn't do it except as a last resort.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.