Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Stop and Post January 2017

I'm filling in for Bob (iamtheblues) this month due to technical difficulties. Thanks Bob for bring back and old favourite!
    So what ever you are working on be it a work in progress, just a doodle or maybe something you are experimenting with you are invited to stop and post your work and share with us how you are currently using your Xara software

To get the ball rolling here is a little something I doodled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	octopuss.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	115866  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Stop and Post January 2017

The main "doodling" I do is recreating magazine or poster covers. The below are two of a series of six I just finished up. Part of the enjoyment for me is revitalizing old type faces from my archives and achieving a pleasing reproduction.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000670.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	115868

Firstly, thanks to Frances for stepping in this month, big hard drive problems which took longer to sort out than expected, but it's good to be back in the real world again.@Mike, looks like rather more than doodling to me. I can understand the attraction, I tend to do more type-related stuff than anything else.I've been experimenting in Xara to see if I can reproduce the results I get in Illustrator using the Texturino plug-in from Astute Graphics.As Texturino works with .png files, I can use the textures that come with the product within Xara. The results in Xara are encouraging. I wanted to achieve a grunge-like effect with the wood panelling texture, everything was made using the one texture, plus a sort of woodworm-y effect using some halftone dot textures. Adding transparencies is straightforward in both programs, too.Bob.I'll add a graphic when uploading here works.Apologies for the fact that all the text has run together, I don't seem to be able to make the carriage return work.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Bob,
    I had typed in some garbage test to text and it works fir me
    I read your other post too.
    Must be something still not right on your hard drive.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    ...@Mike, looks like rather more than doodling to me. I can understand the attraction, I tend to do more type-related stuff than anything else...
    It is something I truly enjoy, Bob. And yep, I tend to be more layout / type oriented.

I think that by replicating layouts I appreciate, it tends to make me more conscious during the design of my own layouts. Here's a couple more from the set I drew.

Name:	capture-000748.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	116013

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The main "doodling" I do is recreating magazine or poster covers. The below are two of a series of six I just finished up. Part of the enjoyment for me is revitalizing old type faces from my archives and achieving a pleasing reproduction.

Mike

Name:	capture-000670.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	115868
    That's actually pretty nice use of the pac-man font. I almost didn't recognize it at first since it was so out of context. Nice job!
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

The font used in Pac-Man is a different, albeit very similar, font (circa 1980).

The font used on the Re-Examine poster is P22 Constructivist Block (circa 1995). And P22 Constructivist Block is similar to the font used on the If You Carry poster which is Baby Teeth designed by Milton Glaser and I think first used in a Bob Dylan poster designed by Glaser (circa 1966).

All good things spawn other good things...

Here's an unfinished work in progess:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel-1.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	116022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel-2.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	116023  

Name:	angel-3.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	116024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel-4.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	116025  

Name:	angel-5.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	116026  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Like that Egg, look forward to your image complete.

Stygg

Here's the image I was wittering on about earlier."This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at http://www.talkgraphics.com/newattac...o=manageattach might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."Still can't upload and still getting this problem with text layout. It works fine for me elsewhere, both online and offline. I seem to be wasting my time here.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.