Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New to Page Layout 11

This is my very first posting on this forum. I'm long in tooth where worked in a number of graphics bull pens doing things by hand. Thanks to the digital revolution I can now do procedures such as retouching photos with an air brush simply with a key stroke. Over the past few weeks I bought Xara's Photo/Design 365, Photo Management 16 and Page Layout 11 which has now become the hub of my little studio operation. QUESTION ?: I want to create a "QC" Code to attach to the artwork I do. I understand this is referred to a as a "widget". How can I create a "QC" Code using the programs I have ?

Thanks for the help !

Jim

Default Re: New to Page Layout 11

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Here is a link to QR Codes. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=qr+code&t=ffsb&ia=web There are several free QR Code generators. You can output a bitmap and then add it to your layout.

Thank you for the quick reply in which I followed your suggestion successfully. I'm an old drawing board horse that relishes the advances by the digital revolution in what I now can do with a few key strokes which enhances my creativity time. I don't know if it's appropriate i this forum, but I spent my early years not only doing commercial illustration which included trechnical illustration. I was part of a three man team at Piasecki Helicopters that did the initial structural repair manuals for the CH-47, SeaKnight helicopter in the early sixties as axonometric drawings by hand. "No computers available". "QUESTION ?": Does anyone do technical drawings with any of the MAGIX programs ?

Jim

Hi Jim

I spent 15 years in advertising back in the 70-80s then had my own graphic design company in San Francisco for 12 years. I use Xara Designer Pro X-365 for everything, illustration, photo editing, website design, print advertising and I have even designed two paperback books with CreateSpace using Xara to do the design and typography. But Xara is not the best solution for technical drawing. You can do it but the features do not really support this though I am sure it can be done. There are a lot of users who do very complex illustrations such as you can find in the Featured Artists section of the Xara Xone Archives http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/featured_art_.html

John Clements is a long time user who has used Xara over the years to do some very complex technical drawings so bottom line is you can do whatever you want. Xara is just a set of tools. http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/jc/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cyclone_Degritter.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	115843  

Welcome to TG Jim.

Not sure it's in Xara Photo/Design 365 but Xara has it's inbuilt QR code generator:

Design Gallery / Components / Print & Web Components / Other Components / QR Code Widget.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg - I can't remember how flexible Xara's QR code generator is. My sense of it is it just links to the page or site. Most of the free QR code generators can generate a variety of links and even display text when scanned.

I've never had issues with it Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qr-code-example.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	115872  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

OK, Egg, Point taken. BTW I moved this to Xara Graphics Chat forum.