Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is in the Current Webpage Preview pane is not what appears on the web.

I have tried to create a new webpage but when I export it is does not mirror what is shown on the web. I have even saved this page http://www.emmerson.talktalk.net/2016%20Blog.htm as http://www.emmerson.talktalk.net/2017%20Blog.htm but with the same result. What am I doing wrong?

I have noted that the files of 2016 are the same size as 2017. Running on Vista/Designer Pro 11
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: What is in the Current Webpage Preview pane is not what appears on the web.

Emmo - I have moved this to the Web Design Chat Forum.

Default Re: What is in the Current Webpage Preview pane is not what appears on the web.

I published your file to my xara.hosting account and everything is working for me. So I am not sure what is happening in your second example. Maybe just remove all the files from your server and republish?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 05 January 2017 at 12:11 PM.

After removing some odd repeated background images I published it to my site & it uploaded fine. You can view it here. Let me know when you've seen it & I'll delete it from my server.

I recreated the background using the attached image as a repeating tile fill @ 96dpi.

I wouldn't recommend using 12,000 plus word pages, just asking for problems
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emmo.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	115796  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg I have viewed the page. I will try that repeating tile trick.
    Thanks Gary I will delete the files then reload them.

I deleted the files from the server and replaced them with a basic page but the problem remains. http://www.emmerson.talktalk.net/2017b%20Blog.htm
    Maybe there is a problem with Filezilla.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Emmo; 05 January 2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added information

Hi Emmo, Looks like a permissions issue on the files inside 2017 Blog_htm_files also its best not to use spaces in filenames, use a hyphen instead.

It's also a good idea NOT to use capitals in filenames ... Some servers don't like them.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I uploaded the site via Xara Hosting facility and it worked fine. It occurred to me that my broadband provider gave customers free hosting and I may have exceeded the limit. When I checked the limit it was a huge 15mb and my files are currently nearly 80mg. Incidentally Egg I tried to produce your repeating tile with no success. Is there a tutorial out there somewhere? I failed at one that was in Workbook.
    Thanks

Hi Emmo, not 100% sure re your limit issue at present but here's a very quick tutorial on creating a tiling background image:

EDIT: Whoops, unforgivable, my Union Flag is upside down!

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I will give it a go. I was once employed by British Telecom in a diagnostic capacity and in terms of my problem to rule out files uploaded by Filezilla I have uploaded the files to another site I look after http://www.pigsear.org.uk/2017b%20Blog.htm and the problem was gone. It would seem I need a new free web hosting site as my current one (Talk Talk) only allowed 15mb and I have used somewhere near 80. Any recommendations here in the UK? Thanks everyone for your help and I will take on board your suggestions.