Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where is Xara Designer PRO version 12

Hi, when I look at Magix's innovation statements(see following link http://www.magix.com/ca/company/innovations/ ) they state that "Many of our developers are passionate musicians, film makers and photographers who are developing the products they themselves would like to use to edit their own digital content". Perhaps this explains why some things get changed and others dont. Xara products do not seen to be on top of their hit parade list.

Ciao

Roly

Default Re: Where is Xara Designer PRO version 12

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    And what a sad day that was when that happened.
    Bob.
    perhaps bob - but.... xara nearly went to the wall financially. and not for the first time remember when they made that deal with corel?

the sad fact is there is not enough interest in the xara way of doing vectors to make a commercially viable stand alone product - or they would be doing it ... right?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Lightbulb Re: Where is Xara Designer PRO version 12

I would love to see them do away with or give an option to the 365 thing. I do not like knowing the internet must be working for full functionality and some things I may have added to a site are no longer available due to an upgrade I don't have. I found the fact someone didn't flick a switch before leaving the Xara office caused all of us to get error messages one weekend scary. That is too much vulnerability for my taste. The addition of web development and photo tools were IMO a good move for them. But totally leaving vector development was short sighted.