Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Modify Live Copy without Open Live Copy?

Hi

I am creating some web design mock-ups using Xara Designer Pro X11.

Some pages - I have header layer created with Live Copy.

I like to modify the header but I will have to go into Live Copy mode (Open Live Copy via menu) which I do not like that. I can not see how the layout will look - I will have to press save all the time which will then direct back to page.

Is there a way to modify header layer (Live Copy Group) without opening into Live Copy mode?

Default Re: Modify Live Copy without Open Live Copy?

Hi SuperStrike,

Use the Page and Layer Gallery to see the objects inside the Live Copy and click on the items in the gallery to select the objects for editing.

Or, try Ctrl+Clicking on the Live Copy to select the simple objects inside it and/or Ctrl+Alt+Click to step down into the nested groups inside the Live Copy. If you have the Page and Layer Gallery open while you do this you can see exactly what objects you are selecting.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Hi SuperStrike,

Use the Page and Layer Gallery to see the objects inside the Live Copy and click on the items in the gallery to select the objects for editing.

Or, try Ctrl+Clicking on the Live Copy to select the simple objects inside it and/or Ctrl+Alt+Click to step down into the nested groups inside the Live Copy. If you have the Page and Layer Gallery open while you do this you can see exactly what objects you are selecting.

Phil
    That seem to work great.

What about creating? How do I add more object like shapes or text inside Live Copy without opening Live Copy mode (Open Live Copy via menu)

To create new objects inside Live Copies you have to Open the Live Copy for editing, I'm afraid.

Phil