Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Gallery Lost...Again

What really exasperates me is when the Font Gallery goes AWOL, there's no way of resurrecting it from the Button Palette.
    The only way of getting it back is to perform the dreaded Reset option and start over from square one.
    It's enough to make me pack in using the bloody stupid program for good, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick to death of doing this.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Font Gallery Lost...Again

You would have thought they implemented a save custom layout feature by now... Sigh

I've never had it happen.

So Shift + F9 doesn't open it if gone AWOL? Or using the Utilities | Galleries | Font Gallery menu route either?

the only time I have had this happen is when the gallery has been on the space of a second monitor which was turned off
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I fired up XPGD this morning (after doing the reset yesterday) and there were no galleries.
    Thanks to Mike, I pressed the F9 key (no shift) and they all came back.
    But, as dutchim said above (#2) saving a custom layout should be a Pro feature at least.
    I do get this quite frequently (I think I'm pressing some nuclear key combination to cause this). I must pay more attention, I suppose.
    Still, the carping stands ~ If Xara wants the "Pro" tag they do have to sort out some very long-standing gripes.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    ... saving a custom layout should be a Pro feature at least.
    I totally agree. Such feature has been asked for since I don't know how long ago!

I hope that your font gallery is never actually lost, just in a different position, but if it is we would like to know how you did it.

The fact that you pressed F9, the hotkey for opening/closing the colour gallery, rather than Shift+F9 is significant.

Can you try pressing F9 again to see what happens? (Don't worry, if you hit it again everything should come back.)

If the font gallery tab is not where you expect it to be, can you see a row of tabs at the bottom of the docked side bar? Is the font gallery one of those tabs?

If you can't see a row of tabs, try dragging the title bar of the main window down a bit so that the whole window layout changes. Can you see the font gallery tab anywhere now? (Is there an undocked window separate from the main window?)

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for your contribution.
    Pressing F9 (with or without the Ctrl Key) cycles though three stages.
    Starting with the Font Gallery being visible (001) to the Colour Gallery (002) then No Galleries (003).
    At no stage does the font gallery return, but the tab is present on the lower far right as highlighted.
    As I mentioned in my post (# 5 above) I cannot remember what was pressed immediately before the event occurred.
    I am fairly sure, though that when I lost the Font Gallery it was a combination of the Ctrl Key with another (possibly inadvertent) unknown key that caused the disappearance.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font gallery 001.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	115440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font gallery 002.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	115441  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font gallery 003.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	115442